I've been using this OS for almost 2 days now with no problems. After installing, I made sure to do at least a couple battery pulls and things appear to be working fine.

3rd party apps include: Google Maps, BBweather, Opera Mini, BBprotect.

Not sure if it can be attributed to this new OS, but Google Maps seem to lock on to my location much faster than my previous(.900) OS.
    03-31-11 08:00 AM
    Battery life seems worse on this build. Going back to .1049.
    03-31-11 06:43 PM
    Not sure if it can be attributed to this new OS, but Google Maps seem to lock on to my location much faster than my previous(.900) OS.
    IMO 1067 has faster location and Internet. Best OS I have seen.
    03-31-11 09:33 PM
    After updating my 9000 to this version, I had this volume glitch when you increase or decrease the volume in the music app. So when I change the volume of the song, the display indicator was glitchy. I don't know how to explain it but I've attach a screenshot of it.

Help appreciated
    M.Desoukey likes this.
    03-31-11 10:51 PM
    I had this with 1036 and 1049. Wipe your device with BBSAK and reinstall 1067.
    krad1992 likes this.
    04-01-11 04:41 AM
    I had this with 1036 and 1049. Wipe your device with BBSAK and reinstall 1067.
    Strange, I only had this with 1036.
    04-01-11 05:02 AM
    Ok i'll try that once I'm home. Thanks for the reply guys. Hope it will work
    *cross fingers*
    04-01-11 01:59 PM
    i am so hoping this will work. i bricked a phone, and had to go back to the 8300, so my father in law laughed and sent me this....but all i get is the white screen of death!!!
    04-02-11 06:57 PM
    I have done it today with 1067, as I was having white screen since last night .
    So I removed 1036 from my handset and installed 1067.

The volume Indicator problem is gone, the sound effects under equalizer that used to crack when song or video played in Handset mode is no more with 1067.

Much faster and no memory leaks till now.

I am loving it , the battery seemed to be charged at much smaller time than it normally used to be with earlier OS.

3rd Party Applications: Using Live TV round about 3 hours daily, with earlier OS.

And some others too.

Have a lot of themes installed on phone , that are my self made, but no glitch till now .

So in one words till now 1067 ROCKS for Bold 9000.

Will update you all in next few hours , if I have any problems.
    04-05-11 11:35 PM
    After 1 day complete I am in deep mess.
    I dont know what happens to my Bold 9000.
    Last night it kept on restarting repeatedly.
    Over time and again the full reading completes, then It gets into Homescreen and the press of any key makes it to restart it again.

Gets restarted for 10 times the similar way.

Then I remove the bettery and wait for 10 minutes, put the battery in, remove my Live TV application, and remove all themes, put a credit card over my battery to make it tight.Then put the back covers.

AND , then it starts again and till now using it without any problems and after installing themes again.

I dont know what happened suddenly yesterday to my phone. never had a problem like this in the last few couple of months with my Bold 9000.

But to my relief till now the phone seems to be like my child again performing every task without any problems.

Thanks
    Sunny
    04-07-11 12:50 AM
    Hi,

Currently i have JSL 9000 v4.7 on my device & it working great, every thing is working fine...very less memory leak & battery life is also good...does any one confirm will it be a good idea to update to this OS or not.

Thanks,
    Ripu
    04-07-11 05:46 AM
    put a credit card over my battery to make it tight
    Maybe your credit card has expired? Just kidding ))))

Themes or 3rd party apps can be a problem. If your phone's working fine with clean install and start getting buggy with themes/apps installed, then it is app/theme problem. Which one you can understand by installing them 1 by 1.
    04-07-11 09:51 AM
    I've been using this version since the day they released it. I haven't really had any problems with it so far. It is a bit faster, and the battery does drain slightly quicker than 1036. There is definitely more memory available. Before I had 13 mb left, now I have 21mb left. I don't have to pull the battery as much due to memory leaks or phone lockups.

Overall, I'm very happy with it.
    04-09-11 12:35 PM
    wouldn't mind knowing your thoughts on it, your previous os and anything you've noticed thats different!

Currently, Im using 5.0.0.1049 and I've been quite happy with that especially with memory leaks/management.
    I would like to know how much application memory does our Bold 9000 have without downloading any add on applications? And my Bold 9000 is having a very serious memory leaks problem, what should i do? Thanks.
    04-09-11 10:58 PM
    BDHP v7.0 just came out. I'm totally gonna try it over this base OS.
    04-11-11 12:10 AM
    Yes, I was wondering the same thing. When I try to install, it's warning me that this is a downgrade...
    I had the same problem. Usually I download files them upgrade. Never had to before, I successfully upgraded through DM
    04-12-11 12:00 PM
    i upgraded my os from 5.0.0.822 to this and feel happier with the application memory ... i've been using this os for 4 days now , the phone had fever for like 1 day after the upgrade process ... not really sure about battery life , though ...
    04-13-11 02:39 PM
    The Bold 9000, which i cherish, and will soon be replaced by Dakota, with more memory and touch screen will run 6.0. Why would anyone bother any longer with upgrades to 5.xxxxx?????? What is left to improve????? It's like trying to get Microsoft to improve ME. Forget it, stick with BB, but RIM is not going to put any more effort into the product, it's dead. Still the best BB ever in my mind, but new model will quell that thought. Let it rest in peace, save your energy.
    04-14-11 05:47 PM
    Well, that new Dakota isn't out yet + some people (like me) won't be upgrading for a while...so sure, there's plenty of demand for updates to the 9000.
    04-21-11 11:22 AM
    Well, that new Dakota isn't out yet + some people (like me) won't be upgrading for a while...so sure, there's plenty of demand for updates to the 9000.
    Since I got my PlayBook, the smartphone experience seems less important. My 9000 might be old, but it runs BlackBerry Bridge to my PlayBook and the 9000 browser is of little relevance now.

The more or think about it, the most the Bold 9000 seems like the perfect phone, even in its current form. Fast, large keyboard, great battery life... and with a PlayBook... even better.

Even if .1067 is the last OS for the 9000...this will suit me just fine.

04-24-11 10:45 AM
    ^i am pondering whether i want/need a playbook. i never considered an ipad an option for my needs because i thought it was just a giant iphone. the playbook looks cool and all but im in serious doubt that it just an extra luxury and not a necessity. i also never considered an netbook an option either because i just use my labtop all the time.$500 for the playbook is a little steep price for me.
    04-24-11 09:37 PM
    Blackberry bold APP ERROR 523 after installing 5.0.0.1049... My advice, IF it ain't broke don't fix it!! I now have a white screen that says App error 523 and no matter how many times I remove the battery it is still there.... Thanks for NOTHING you BB Bozo good for nothing idiots!
    05-01-11 03:19 PM
    Blackberry bold APP ERROR 523 after installing 5.0.0.1049... My advice, IF it ain't broke don't fix it!! I now have a white screen that says App error 523 and no matter how many times I remove the battery it is still there.... Thanks for NOTHING you BB Bozo good for nothing idiots!
    I found this on the web. You can try this:

Assuming you have a password on your device-- launch application loader (the device will be connected even though the DM indicates it is disconnected)and when prompted for your device password enter an incorrect value (4 character minimum) 10 times. This will trigger the automatic wiping and scubbing of device. Upon completion, you which will enable you to reinstall the device software through the DM (which will now correctly display status as connected). Be patient the total wiping and scrubbing process may take about 2hrs.
    05-01-11 03:23 PM
    I am using Package Version: 5.0.0.1728
    on BB 9000 BOLD sine last 3 weeks, till now no issue as such.
    Overall it seems to be the best version so fall.

ANY CLUE when ver 6 will be leaked for 9000 Bold
    as I am desprate to try it.
    05-02-11 04:06 AM
    ANY CLUE when ver 6 will be leaked for 9000 Bold
    as I am desprate to try it.
    Version 6 for the 9000 is highly unlikely. It doesn't have the horsepower or available memory.
    05-02-11 05:24 PM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD