Great OS , but bad for ubertwitter users !
    08-26-09 11:49 AM
    I upgraded last night and wasn't having any problems.

Then all of today whenever I receive a phone call the device freezes and it takes about a minute to catch up with itself. It doesn't let me answer, hang up etc. By the time the caller has hung up the phone starts ringing but its too late! It's very bizarre...

Thought it was just a one off but it's done it twice since.

I'm going to downgrade to .291 again as never experienced this problem with that.
    08-26-09 11:56 AM
    Great OS , but bad for ubertwitter users !
    What makes you say that? UberTwitter works just fine on 297 for me
    08-26-09 12:11 PM
    Memory has been great for me. I have all these apps and themes.

I've got 46 MB of app memory left.
    08-26-09 12:24 PM
    upon battery pull, mem went from 39 to 49. That is not to say however, that it stays at or near 49. depending on what program/apps i use, the memory will drop significantly (3-5 mb), even after properly closing the program/apps. i only have ubertwitter running in the background. memory leak? maybe. but who cares. higher mem from the get go paired with vvm, along with similar performance in all other aspects (loading media same to me as .282), nice build in my book. as for battery performance, who cares. after a day of use, it feels the same to me. these 1550 mah lithiuim batteries arent meant to last more than a day or a day in a half, with all the stuff a bold can do anyways.
    08-26-09 12:26 PM
    Same problem here. I am using the messages folder only now. I would prefer not to but the benefits vs .282 are worth it for me...
    battery pull should fix this...
    08-26-09 12:27 PM
    No, I did in fact delete all 508 BBThumbs.dat files on my card and let .297 rebuild them on reboot. Easy enough to do since you just have to do a search for them in Windows Explorer and they all come up on one screen for a mass delete.

What I didn't try was what you had suggested, i.e., copying everything onto the PC and reformatting the card on the PC and then the Bold.
    Well I have tried everything and will be going back to .266. It is ridiculous that this was not fully tested by AT&T and RIM. I got a BOLD for its speed....not to sit here and wait for my pictures to load one at a time. This must be OS related because many have said in .266 they pop up almost instantly, which I can confirm. The only weird thing is that a very few times the pics. did actually load fast with .297......then about 5min later I would go into the same pic folder and they would load 1 at a time (very slow). I have an 8G card, but am only using approx. 1G. Hope someone finds a real fix.....till then the wait for 5.0 official release begins for me.....
    08-26-09 01:03 PM
    Hello everyone,

Ever since I have installed the .297 firmware I have not since recieved any icon notifications at the top of the screen for Beejive. For Beejive I still get an audible notification but no little icon up top. As for Ubertwitter I don't even recieve a sound at all (I've checked my profile settings) When I was previously on .167 everything worked just fine. On a side note, Facebook works fine (sound and icon notifications work perfect). Please help. Thanks.
    08-26-09 01:04 PM
    When I restored my back-up the internet browser somehow disappeared and I was only left with the Media Net and Hotspot Browser. Has anyone else have this problem? I just resynced with Outlook and reinstalled everything else.
    08-26-09 01:53 PM
    battery pull should fix this...

I have done a number of pulls and resets since I updated yesterday morning... I have also seen a significant hesitation before the red indicator disappears
    08-26-09 01:58 PM
    has anyone notice a difference in RF?......I think mine just got stronger...a few minutes ago I didn't have a signal, when I usually have 3-2 bars at my desk....when it reconnected it went to 5 bars and have been staying there every since....
    08-26-09 01:58 PM
    Are they gone from the calendar itself or just no displaying on your homescreen?

If they are gone, restore them from a backup.
    I have tried to restore from the back up and everytime I do it I get: 0 of 102 entries restored

ANy thoughts?
    08-26-09 02:03 PM
    Pretty painless update. (Never did an update before.) I did lose my MaraTick lists. I'm going to see if I can get them back. Otherwise I will start them over again.
    08-26-09 02:14 PM
    I use a BES...and since the upgrade, I can't sync eithetasks or memos with outlook (because there are no icons on my phone for them). Any ideas?
    Last edited by rssherman; 08-26-09 at 02:24 PM.
    08-26-09 02:19 PM
    Hey guys! I read through all the posts and couldn't find an answer. My question is, since i have a Mac I cant update via desktop I have to update OTA. Im running .185 and wondering since I deleted the vendor file is that the reason I can update?
    08-26-09 02:31 PM
    Well I have tried everything and will be going back to .266. It is ridiculous that this was not fully tested by AT&T and RIM. I got a BOLD for its speed....not to sit here and wait for my pictures to load one at a time. This must be OS related because many have said in .266 they pop up almost instantly, which I can confirm. The only weird thing is that a very few times the pics. did actually load fast with .297......then about 5min later I would go into the same pic folder and they would load 1 at a time (very slow). I have an 8G card, but am only using approx. 1G. Hope someone finds a real fix.....till then the wait for 5.0 official release begins for me.....
    I can't believe that RIM is unaware of this problem since it popped up with .282. Maybe they are testing OSes with empty media cards, who knows.
    08-26-09 02:33 PM
    Has anyone had a problem of visual voicemail not working? I cant seem to get it to work. I went to the AT&T website and added VVM to my plan and then I called my voicemail and setup what I thought was my VVM and when you call me now to leave a VM it says Welcome to AT&T voicemail we need more information to direct your call to the appropriate voicemial box to leave a message please dial the 10 digit number of the person you are trying to call if you have a voicemail box on this system please press #
    08-26-09 02:41 PM
    I have tried to restore from the back up and everytime I do it I get: 0 of 102 entries restored

ANy thoughts?
    Check your Default Services in your Advanced Options menu. Options>Advanced Options>Default Services.

If you have multiple email addresses linked to your BB, this could be the issue. Try setting the default calendar back to the email address (Outlook) that was originally associated with your calendar. If this isn't the case, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Have you tried synching instead?
    08-26-09 02:46 PM
    So Far So good for me...as the wait for 5.0 continues...

Why so many concerns over pic loading time. ???.a couple seconds to load doesn't seem long to me...and if they come up instantly is that going to make the conversation regarding them go quicker as well...??? my .02...
    08-26-09 02:55 PM
    So Far So good for me...as the wait for 5.0 continues...

Why so many concerns over pic loading time. ???.a couple seconds to load doesn't seem long to me...and if they come up instantly is that going to make the conversation regarding them go quicker as well...??? my .02...
    from what i've seen from other threads about loading times for media cards since .282, its 15-30mins not a few seconds or a few mins.

but i noticed in some cases i guess like yours it loads up normal?

did you happen to do a swiss army knife on your bold before installing the OS? just a thought maybe there could be defected files causing the long loads.
    08-26-09 03:16 PM
    One bug I noticed is that if I delete email from one of my POP mail accounts (or gmail), the "Messages" icon still shows the red asterisk indicating a new message.

It will only disappear if I click on the icon. The individual pop mail icons dont show any asterisks but the all email "Messages" icon still retains the red asterisk.

Anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

Thanks
    I'm am having the same problem, after a battery pull it is fine until i get a VVM then this starts to happen until I battery pull again!!
    08-26-09 03:18 PM
    I use a BES...and since the upgrade, I can't sync eithetasks or memos with outlook (because there are no icons on my phone for them). Any ideas?
    Did they get moved back into the Applications folder? Are they hidden? Were they uninstalled when you upgraded?
    08-26-09 03:20 PM
    Did the upgrade. With 292 I had 5x.xmb on battery pull, with all my apps loaded in 292 memory is at 44-46mb on quickpull, and tends to level at 34-37mb. With .297 I had 53.8mb on reset. Upon a battery pull I'm at 53.2 haha lol, but this is with all my apps.

What I did was swiss army knife my blackberry. But before all of that I backed up data and files, and also backed up my apps. Upon all this it was my first time using swiss army, and DM. as I always used apploader.exe file.

Cheers,

PS always state your memory file people and your procedure you took upon upgrade.
    08-26-09 03:31 PM
    Wow, i went from .282 to .297 and my free mem went from 22meg to 40meg.

So far so good, only downside is still the lack of BBmaps
    08-26-09 03:34 PM
    I have installed the new OS and when I connect BB to the DM, I'm not prompted for the upgrade. When I launch the app loader, it says it cannot find the software. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    08-26-09 03:55 PM
639 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD