Found an annoying bug for those of you who use the desktop shortcuts, pressing "B" from the homescreen opens the "STOCKS" page instead of the web browser.
    08-25-09 11:23 PM
    "B" still brings up the browser for me...
    08-25-09 11:31 PM
    Hi folks,

Upgrade went well, OTA for BBM 5 worked. However, my extra e-mail account icon is nowhere to be found? Where did it go?
    Where can i find the BBM 5 OTA?
    08-25-09 11:40 PM
    Wow...ok so I went ahead and installed this version. I am NOT happy at all. Signal fluctuates noticeably too much, media card scan is still very SLOW, I've noticed some latency even after just unlocking the phone from stand-by and the memory management is AWFUL. Also, battery drain--noticeably poorer with this build.

On .282 my memory hovered around 35-39, I am now sitting at 23.8 which to me is unacceptable. Folks, I might just go back to .282. I am so far...disappointed to say the least.

Only positive really is the 2G/3G switch ability. VVM works fine. The memory has to improve though. If it doesn't after a few battery pulls and deleting some useless garbage then .282 is back where I go.
    Last edited by BBsnub; 08-25-09 at 11:54 PM.
    08-25-09 11:49 PM
    LOL @everyone saying how they don't have to 'delete the vendor file'.

That was one of the first things I thought of as well.
    08-25-09 11:58 PM
    If you have a non-at&t branded bold (i.e. Rogers Bold), but on the at&t network, would you still be able to use visual voice mail?

I have a Rogers bold on at&t network, and I just installed .297. I do not have a VVM icon.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/if-...ten-up-300833/
    08-26-09 12:01 AM
    Where can i find the BBM 5 OTA?
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs

Ota links that you DL from bold browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:31 AM
    So with my Bold and the att OS I have noticed that pics/wallpapers do load up slower than they used to unlike previous OS' from other carriers, like they loaded almost instantly. Guess you have to sacrifice a lil to have VVM. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

08-26-09 12:34 AM
    Hi folks,

Upgrade went well, OTA for BBM 5 worked. However, my extra e-mail account icon is nowhere to be found? Where did it go?
    When I try and send an e-mail I get the following message:
    "No message services configured. You will only be able to SaveDraft"

Somebody help
    08-26-09 12:36 AM
    So with my Bold and the att OS I have noticed that pics/wallpapers do load up slower than they used to unlike previous OS' from other carriers, like they loaded almost instantly. Guess you have to sacrifice a lil to have VVM. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

You DON'T have to have .297 to have vvm on your phone. Any build that has VVM in it will work. I had rogers .282 on my phone and had vvm working through my att bold before I bumped up to .297.

08-26-09 12:37 AM
    Working well so far. Picture loading is a bit faster than 282, 5-7 more mb re app memeory, OS navigation speed about the same, BBMessenger 5 transferred over beautifully. Nice.
    08-26-09 12:43 AM
    i installed .297 today, did a wipe and reinstall and did a restore from my backup i took, but i guess my question is i think my browser settings are messed, the default browser is medianet, is that supposed to be correct? also it wont let me change my homepage off of medianet, i forget but should i be using the hotspot browser? Please advise.
    08-26-09 12:53 AM
    i LOVE how people are saying the media scan is too slow in this build, and that they are going back to .282... roffle! thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

so far the OS itself is great. except for the stupid media scan. cmon at&t! anyway, i will probably go back to .266 with its great(for me) responsiveness and horrible battery life.
    08-26-09 12:59 AM
    i installed .297 today, did a wipe and reinstall and did a restore from my backup i took, but i guess my question is i think my browser settings are messed, the default browser is medianet, is that supposed to be correct? also it wont let me change my homepage off of medianet, i forget but should i be using the hotspot browser? Please advise.
    Resend service books...

Options > advanced options > host routing table > push blackberry button and then "register now" and wait for notification

08-26-09 01:01 AM
    yeah, did that, fixed it, thx.
    08-26-09 01:11 AM
    i seem to be having some problems so i downloaded the os file "9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel508_PL4.0.0.243_A4.6.0.297_AT_a mp_T" deleted the vender then loaded BDM and went to update.. selected the upgrade to 297 and pressed next. then it saids in update summary "no software update is required for your device". Anyone having similar problems? i used the same process to update to 282. donno why i cant update to 297...
    08-26-09 01:47 AM
    i seem to be having some problems so i downloaded the os file "9000M_PBr4.6.0_rel508_PL4.0.0.243_A4.6.0.297_AT_a mp_T" deleted the vender then loaded BDM and went to update.. selected the upgrade to 297 and pressed next. then it saids in update summary "no software update is required for your device". Anyone having similar problems? i used the same process to update to 282. donno why i cant update to 297...
    In the same folder as the vendor file click on the "Loader.exe" file to install the 0S... Its another way to install instead of using DM.

08-26-09 01:53 AM
    So after deleting all the .dat files, reformatting my card, pictures load up faster. It's strange though, sometimes it's fast, sometimes it isnt. But I can live with it since AT&T branded it official, if it was that good to get AT&T official, then it's good enough for me.
    08-26-09 02:03 AM
    i LOVE how people are saying the media scan is too slow in this build, and that they are going back to .282... roffle! thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

so far the OS itself is great. except for the stupid media scan. cmon at&t! anyway, i will probably go back to .266 with its great(for me) responsiveness and horrible battery life.
    it IS quite slow. I upgraded from .247 and I'm disappointed with that regression. Everything else seems like an improvement though, although the jury is still out on battery life
    08-26-09 02:28 AM
    Anybody know if the bbm5.0 software will work with this version of the software?

I don't seem to be able to install it in, desktop manager says it's not compatible.
    yup.. work like charms..!!
    08-26-09 03:50 AM
    Need help?

I can only see the VVM icon on my ATT Precision Theme and not on my Precision Silver Theme. I looked in every folder and also looked to see if it was hidden and its not there when im using the Precision Silver theme. I know VVM is on my phone because I can select it using a convenience key. Can anyone help?

Check in Applications or Downloads Folder on Silver theme.
    08-26-09 05:57 AM

Already went back to .266. This build is as bad as .282 because of the long card scan time and the longer reboot time. The white screen of death actually appears for an unusually long time during the startup, just as it did during a reboot with .282.

The one ostensible fix I'd previously heard of for the scan time -- deleting all of the BBThumbs.dat files and letting them be rebuilt with the new OS during reboot -- did not work.

So if you use your Bold to the fullest, i.e., with a 16GB chock full of stuff, .297 bites the big one. At least for me and quite a few others with large capacity media cards.

I give .297 a big:

08-26-09 06:14 AM
    I am with ATT, I am running 282. I do have VVM installed already. Do I need to up grade to 297 or can I just call ATT to set up my VVM. I am really happy using 282.
    08-26-09 06:17 AM
    Not sure if this was posted, but to tget my VVM to work,
    I went to the ATT site, and under features, I had to select Vusual VoiceMail cost is $0.00.
    Then waited maybe 1 or two minutes and I was able to use the VVM icon.
    Worrks like a charm!
    I like it.
    08-26-09 06:22 AM
    Ok, I take the media folder thing back. After I did a format of my card on both my Bold and my computer and put everything back on there it seems to be A LOT faster. No hangs or anything. Loads very quick.
    Hey..how do you format ur media card on the bold and computer as you mentioned?

08-26-09 06:34 AM
639 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD