As the 9900 is being released everywhere and we're seeing the last BBOS version before QNX reaches phones, I can't help but think that the bold 9900 might be the best traditional blackberry to ever exist. There may not be anything like it in the future. So if you're a fan of blackberry phones, this might be the end of the line.

I have a playbook and I love the blackberry tablet OS as a tablet OS, but I would hate for that to be on a blackberry phone. It would be like every other android/webOS/iOS phone out there. All of shortcuts and menus would be sacrificed for cool looking useless graphics.

I suppose it's possible that "traditional" blackberries are still released once QNX hits their phone line, but I'm not sure RIM will do that once they've fully transitioned.
    08-11-11 11:12 PM
    I'm hoping for a 9930 like device with QNX.

It would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 11:22 PM
    It may be the last Bold but I think the Curve line will continue.
    08-11-11 11:26 PM
    As the 9900 is being released everywhere and we're seeing the last BBOS version before QNX reaches phones, I can't help but think that the bold 9900 might be the best traditional blackberry to ever exist. There may not be anything like it in the future. So if you're a fan of blackberry phones, this might be the end of the line.

I have a playbook and I love the blackberry tablet OS as a tablet OS, but I would hate for that to be on a blackberry phone. It would be like every other android/webOS/iOS phone out there. All of shortcuts and menus would be sacrificed for cool looking useless graphics.

I suppose it's possible that "traditional" blackberries are still released once QNX hits their phone line, but I'm not sure RIM will do that once they've fully transitioned.
    In my case the 9650 was the last "Bold". The 9930 / 9900 may be many things but with the EDOF camera it's an insult to the evolution of the Bold line.
    08-11-11 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD