I've been using an amazon kindle reader on my 9930, but it now says no internet connection. I can read the books already downloaded but I have no access to whispersync or download another book. Anyone else encounter this? How do I get kindle to recognize that internet is on? It won't even let me log out because of this. Weird...

I could always sideload mobi files to read, but I'd like to fix this if possible.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930!
    12-21-16 05:24 PM
    Is the app available to uninstall and reinstall? Maybe try that if it is and you haven't done so already.
    12-21-16 05:27 PM
    I got it working again. I had to turn network on along with wifi. Not sure why that was necessary, since the 9930 is not activated with the Verizon network.

Oddly enough, the same thing applied to opera mini; the native browser worked with wifi, but opera mini required network to be turned on with wifi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-15-17 10:34 AM
    I got it working again. I had to turn network on along with wifi. Not sure why that was necessary, since the 9930 is not activated with the Verizon network.

Oddly enough, the same thing applied to opera mini; the native browser worked with wifi, but opera mini required network to be turned on with wifi.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Great that it works again.

What about Opera Mini. It works on type of connection which was used to install. So if you will install it via wi-fi, it will work only via wi-fi. As far as I know.
    01-15-17 01:43 PM
    I've never had data on my 9930. But for some reason, my opera wants data turned on to function under WiFi. It's weird.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-15-17 02:57 PM
    What version of Kindle app are folks using successfully on their 9900s?

I have 1.0.2.101740313 (beta 1) but have been struggling to get this to work recently. Although it connects and syncs with my Kindle/Amazon account and lists all my books under Archived Items, when I download a book to the Home page and then try to open it returns an error message:

Invalid book: The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it.
    01-16-17 07:27 AM
    I used a kindle app I downloaded from some site mentioned in an old crackberry forum message. It's probably the same version everyone uses now on 9900/30.

I got your same error message on one ebook I sideloaded from my other phone. I deleted the ebook and re-installed the same ebook directly from amazon and it works fine.

Good luck. If all else fails, you can still use the kindle app to read epub, lit, and Pdf files. Just convert to mobi format and you're good to go.

mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-16-17 01:35 PM
    What version of Kindle app are folks using successfully on their 9900s?

I have 1.0.2.101740313 (beta 1) but have been struggling to get this to work recently. Although it connects and syncs with my Kindle/Amazon account and lists all my books under Archived Items, when I download a book to the Home page and then try to open it returns an error message:

Invalid book: The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it.
    I used a kindle app I downloaded from some site mentioned in an old crackberry forum message. It's probably the same version everyone uses now on 9900/30.

I got your same error message on one ebook I sideloaded from my other phone. I deleted the ebook and re-installed the same ebook directly from amazon and it works fine.

Good luck. If all else fails, you can still use the kindle app to read epub, lit, and Pdf files. Just convert to mobi format and you're good to go.

I hope it's not too late to add this, but if you don't know about Calibre, look it up. There are De-DRM plugins you can use so that you can strip the DRM and transfer your books to any of your devices. You should also be able to set it up to automatically sync with your Bold over USB.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-08-17 09:09 AM
    I must admit to not having much joy with the Kindle app on my 9900, and have largely given up. I mostly read via the Kindle app on my PlayBook.
    I've used Calibre on the Mac so presumably the approach you're proposing is to de-DRM on the PC then side-load onto the BlackBerry?
    02-08-17 02:41 PM
    I must admit to not having much joy with the Kindle app on my 9900, and have largely given up. I mostly read via the Kindle app on my PlayBook.
    I've used Calibre on the Mac so presumably the approach you're proposing is to de-DRM on the PC then side-load onto the BlackBerry?
    Yes. That is exactly what I meant.
    02-13-17 02:39 PM
    I keep getting an "invalid email or password" error on login. Is everyone else experiencing this problem???

Thanks,
    Reg
    07-24-17 01:57 PM
    I keep getting an "invalid email or password" error on login. Is everyone else experiencing this problem???

Thanks,
    Reg
    You should be receiving a one-time password at the email account associated with your Amazon. That's what happened when I initially logged into the Kindle app. Use the one-time password to log in and it should work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    07-24-17 10:33 PM