Coming from AT&t, because they suck,as well as u-verse, I could browse the web and talk on the phone....with Verizon I can't do it because of CDMA ?? Am I being too anal or does anybody share my frustrations...also has this always been a Verizon Deal ??
    06-05-10 01:44 PM
    thats a cdma limitation.

lte is around the corner, but i guess it doesnt matter b/c ull have to upgrade the phone when that happens.
    06-05-10 01:46 PM
    Coming from AT&t, because they suck,as well as u-verse, I could browse the web and talk on the phone....with Verizon I can't do it because of CDMA ?? Am I being too anal or does anybody share my frustrations...also has this always been a Verizon Deal ??
    At the present time you need 3G from AT&T or T-Mobile to simultaneously use voice/data. Or connect your VZW phone to Wi-Fi for the data.

CDMA has always been this way. That will not change until VZW and Sprint move to LTE. However, you will need an LTE capable phone for this. LTE is brand new and will not be available until at least next year, and only in limited markets.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-05-10 01:50 PM
    you didn't know you can't surf the web and talk at the same time on a CDMA carrier??? Only when your connected to WIFI you can do that
    06-05-10 01:52 PM
    That's AT&T's strong selling point over Verizon.
    I'm sure you've seen this commercial on TV.

06-05-10 01:55 PM
    LMAO....I always see that commercial..but never tripped because I had AT&T....from what i hear though Verizon is still better all around. I got a 2 year contract so I guess it does't matter anymore..lol...cuz i aint paying no 350 to cancel
    06-05-10 02:10 PM
    Yup, it has always been that way.
    06-05-10 02:12 PM
    LMAO....I always see that commercial..but never tripped because I had AT&T....from what i hear though Verizon is still better all around. I got a 2 year contract so I guess it does't matter anymore..lol...cuz i aint paying no 350 to cancel
    They ran that commercial in the ground during the NCAA Final Four's.
    I wish we had that feature, but it's no big deal. I probably wouldn't talk and surf much anyway.

I agree. $350 is a lot to get out of a contract so you could talk and surf.
    06-05-10 02:16 PM
    If VZW has better coverage, you're still better off staying with them. However, it would be possible to cancel their service if you are within 30 days of signing your contract.

If AT&T is bad, your only other GSM carrier is T-Mobile. However, you won't be able to talk/surf simultaneously on EDGE, only on 3G with the GSM carriers.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-05-10 02:18 PM
    thats why i went back to att... 9700 is way better than wifes 9650 and i need to be able to do both at same time while on long calls.

9650 is slower and lags a bunch compared to my 9700....Both have pluses and minus's
    06-05-10 02:21 PM
    Do you really need to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time? How hard is it to tell the caller on the other end "let me call you back"?!?!?

What is the point of being able to do the two at the same time, if the service is so bad and you are calling people back after having your call dropped anyway? LMAO

ATT's "catch up to verizon" marketing campaign has the OP thinking this way...
    06-05-10 02:48 PM
    Sorry man, but this has been common knowledge since 3g came out. As mentioned a cdma limitation. Personally I don't need to multi-task that much. I'd rather have this issue than att service anyday. You get an "F" in homework. lol. Research , research.
    06-05-10 03:02 PM
    yeah your too anal. remember its better to be pissed off then pissed on. i had at&t for about a week and dropped the service. i got soo many dropped calls icouldnt believe it. i;ve had verizon for years and never experienced not one.
    06-05-10 04:00 PM
    actually it is NOT a limitation of CDMA.... simply neither sprint nor verizon has invested in the additional software to support it..

thats a cdma limitation.

lte is around the corner, but i guess it doesnt matter b/c ull have to upgrade the phone when that happens.
    06-05-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD