08-19-08 12:52 AM
34 12
tools
    mine will probably look the same way lol...i am prone to dropping phones...and having them fly across the room when i forget it's laying on my bed and I suddenly feel the need to fling my covers off...lol!

but hey, the iphone will completely crack if dropped...considering the front is made of glass i believe...and the sides get dented also....so I'm not 2 discourgaged...just have to be very very careful.
    08-18-08 11:10 AM
    well, at least it completely cracked when my friend got hers on the first relase of it it...i mean...some of the pieces came out of it! lol...but i watched the iPhone stress Test on YouTube and it held up pretty well...but hey, i won't doube the BB Bold, just take care of the thing!
    08-18-08 11:21 AM
    I don't somehow see many new Bold users holding it in the same hand as they are opening their car boot (trunk!) over a concrete roadway... and without any case or protection whatsoever!

The way I see it, he was just being plain careless... and yes, accidents do unfortunately happen, but can often be prevented, or at least minimised, by a bit of forethought.
    08-18-08 11:32 AM
    I say we should boycott and refuse to buy the BOLD. I have said it before and I'll say it again......RIM could've done a lot better job than that. The phone is cheap looking and a throw together IMHO.
    08-18-08 11:39 AM
    I've dropped my pearl like a million times now....sometimes in the holster, or just the rubber skin dealio and lots of times without anything on it at all, and its got a scratch or 2 on it - but no real damage 2 speak of. If the bold broker that easily than me thinks Ill stick with my Pearl a while longer....Im a tad clumsy and go through a lot of fones! lol
    08-18-08 12:10 PM
    I've dropped my pearl like a million times now....sometimes in the holster, or just the rubber skin dealio and lots of times without anything on it at all, and its got a scratch or 2 on it - but no real damage 2 speak of. If the bold broker that easily than me thinks Ill stick with my Pearl a while longer....Im a tad clumsy and go through a lot of fones! lol
    My experience is it depends on how the device hits the ground. On the few occasions I have seen a phone dropped (any phone), a skid across the floor usually results in nothing more than a nick or a scratch and a direct drop on to a corner or an edge guarantees some real damage.

The pictures look like it hit the concrete right on the edge.
    08-18-08 12:20 PM
    Nobody knows how this guy dropped it. You just see a picture. And who knows if it was only 2 feet. I've never dropped a phone at only 2 feet. it's always around 4 feet. 2 feet drop is like by your knee/thigh.
    08-18-08 07:56 PM
    if he was "opening the trunk" his arm was raised to head height so unless hes a 2 ft tall midget i doubt it was 2 feet more like 5
    08-18-08 09:07 PM
    I've had my Curve nearly thrown out of my hand a few times due to my carelessness and it has survived. I use a holster case, so no nice skin to help cushion it either...

But, thankfully (luckily), it has always landed in a "graceful" way. If it ever landed right on the edge, as it seems that bold did, I think it would have suffered for it too.

A friend of mine actually had the screen on his Curve cracked by his 10 year old son who threw a plastic soda bottle cap with all his strength. The thing ricocheted on something and hit the glass on the curve at just the right angle to literally spider crack the screen. Still worked, just wasn't pretty to look at.

If I hadn't seen the device, I NEVER would have believed that it could happen given how I have abused my Curve. Have the screen crack from a plastic cap? Don't be silly... But, it did, and I would have been wrong.

Physics is an odd thing, and a bit of force at the wrong angle can really do a lot of damage.

Did anybody do that experiment in school to show how much weight an egg could take if the weight was distributed properly? Kinda the same thing in reverse...

I'd post you a link to show you what I mean about the egg, but I'm new to crackberry and it won't let me post links!
    08-19-08 12:52 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD