I think it was in 2011 or 2012. I was visiting family and, like a good gadgets-addict, typing away furiously on my 9780 to answer some oh-so-important email instead of enjoying the moment with my relatives.

My nephew, then 3-4 yo, came to me and asked to see my phone. The first thing he did was try to tap and swipe on the screen.

I remember the puzzled look on his face. "Is your phone broken?" he asked. I explained to him that it was not this kind of phone when you can touch the screen. He was even more so confused.

I probably was one of the last one in my family to adopt a touchscreen phone, and my nephew had never seen anything other than a screen you can touch. The concept of a keyboard and buttons is simply strange to him. Even today, a "proper" computer isn't interest-worthy to him, what with the mouse and the keyboard. It's tablet-only.

Have you had such moments your 9780? People trying to tap the screen?
    02-26-15 02:44 AM
    No I haven't yet. I actually ordered a 9780 to replace the classic for a week.(If I like the 9780 better I'll probably sell my Classic) The package should be there when I get home.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:20 AM
    As a matter of fact, yes, several times. lol
    My 9780, which I loved and had for 5 plus years was slowly and systematically destroyed in 4months by a reprobate family member.
    However, Z30 now and I'm all good (or better) now.
    Hadn't thought of the touch screen on the Bold in sometime...chuckle.
    Jeff

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:33 PM
    i get people pretty often trying to touch my screen when I'm typing out a message and they are walking by so they can try and "mess me up" and then i pause and look at them. They are really confused when nothing happens on the screen haha

Also something that is kind of sad with kids these days, is try to get them to use a home phone or a phone that is in the office and they just look at it like it's a brick. haha funny, but sad at the same time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    03-03-15 07:38 AM