Part of the L key is starting to wear off. So far it doesnt seem to be getting any worse but I was still curious if there was some sort of fix, maybe a special type of touchup paint, that I could use instead of trying to get ATT to replace the phone?
    06-07-09 01:46 AM
    A brand new keyboard costs $12.50, and AT&T won't replace the phone for that worn letter, and more than IBM would replace my computer for a worn letter, I'm pretty sure. If you are at all handy go to cnn.cn, they have replacement parts for everything, get a new keyboard and a T5 screwdriver and you can replace the keyboard with nice new one in 20 minutes. They also have a video that is excellent on taking apart and putting together.
    06-07-09 05:36 AM
    I would only recommend replacing your own keyboard after your warranty has expired. It doesn't make sense to void your warranty over something cosmetic. If it's working fine then leave it alone. The choice is yours.
    06-07-09 07:59 AM
    You don't have to void your warranty if you remove the sticker on the screw with a pin and replace it when you have it back together. Furthermore it seems unusual for the l key to be worn, perhaps you dropped/scratched that key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD