07-24-11 01:49 PM
74 123
tools
    Ummm **** no. Otherwise why would I be sending back the old (new, but defective) one. They did state that if I didn't return old one wirhin 7 days, they would bill me. Stop worrying and go for it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 02:41 AM
    I had the same problem with my 9105. It was caused by moisture in the keypad membrane. I didn't get it wet, I simply traveled to a humid climate. Warming the phone up by placing it on a stereo unit reduced the problem for a short time. Unable to return under warranty, I repaired it myself. I bought a new keypad membrane from ebay for under 10, and also a torx screwdriver and pryer tool set for 3. I watched a dismantling video from youtube and swapped the keypad membrane myself. Now it works like new. The main thing to watch for is dust and finger prints.
    03-06-11 03:58 PM
    ok sooo after dealing with this issue since Nov 30th I am getting a new 9780 tomorrow!

I was able to live with it since it wasn't occurring that often but over the past 2 weeks it has gotten really bad with the stutter keys.

every time i type a word there is a stutter and not just a double letter now im getting 'thinnnngss likke thhhiis'

its ridiculous now
    03-07-11 03:51 PM
    I went to my carrier and explained the trackpad problem that I was having. I even showed them printouts from the forum detailing the problem that some Bold 9780 users were experiencing. I thought I would be able to get a new unit then and there. Unfortunately - no. Partly because they said that so far they had not received any memo regarding the problem from HQ.

What they agreed to do was to sent my bold to the BlackBerry official distributor (BrightStar) in my country. Told me that the distributor would either 'repair' the unit or send a new one and that would take 2-3 weeks.

I hope they will send me a new unit. Or, at least, fix the trackpad problem.

Will let you guys know the outcome in 2-3 weeks time.

Gosh.. I really miss my BlackBerry (well, it's my 1st BB, anyway).
    03-10-11 04:36 AM

every time i type a word there is a stutter and not just a double letter now im getting 'thinnnngss likke thhhiis'

its ridiculous now

I have exactly the same issue.. It doesn't happen once or twice a day, it happens with every sentence I type.. It's really annoying and I almost threw my bb out of my window a couple of times.
    I just wish people from Blackberry itself would reply and give us the final answer if it's a hard or software issue or at least let us know what to do.
    If it wasn't for my businesscontacts on BBM I would have got rid of bb, seriously!
    03-10-11 01:11 PM
    Finally got a new 9780 and there is no keypad stutter issue woohoo!!!! Finally its a relief to be able to type without worry lol

03-10-11 11:02 PM
    Finally, after 3 weeks, my carrier contacted me yesterday and informed me that my Bold 9780 was ready to be collected. The unit arrived at the center that morning.

Went there and saw that it was my old BB and not a new unit. Supposedly, the official distributor has fixed the trackpad problem. The cs lady told me to return the unit if the problem persists.

Sadly, the trackpad acted up last night. Am I going to take it back to the carrier? I don't think so. It was a torture not having my BB for 3 weeks.

I guess, I'll just 'live' with the problem - at least, until the end of this year. Then I'll get myself a new BB.
    03-25-11 06:47 PM
    Yeppers ... ME TOO!! (Thought was MY fone!) Hmmm . . . Wats really the WORST bout it is wen typing a login and/or password - ur screwed!! Peeps--- we ALL need to START returning these "problem" handsets to the carrier !! (Went thru "4" of the 8520 ("Reload Software 552") til they (t-mobile) finally replaced that w/9700 (worked for a while ... Den "Java Lang Error" etc.(Was eventually told is a "FATAL" error . . . ?? Still gonna return/replace it!! --got 9780 in Dec. 2010 (wanted os-6) w/o a "wait" and it SUCKED right from the get-go!! So, wat is IT that keeps us coming bak for more...?? Yinz kno you've got a 1-year Warranty with  thru carrier ... Use it!! My prob, now is ㎛ REAL sick of changing my pin with all of my "PURCHASED" APPS ... So, if any1 has a simple solution ... Please advise!! p.s. - wat is latest "official" version for 9780 _ ?? Have a software to install on handset - "6.0 Bundle 1879" ... Is that right?? ϯ.ⅰ.A. !! Currentl- (T-Mobile : 9780/6.0.0.285 )
    03-25-11 07:41 PM
    d NOT "LIVE" W/IT !! That's the worse thing WE (CONSUMERS) can d --- have a 1-yr warranty ... + ur carrier's "policy" ... T-Mobile is "THREE returns (due to this kinda CRAP etc..) WITHIN "90" DAYS and they will (finally) send a different Model fone . . . WORTH A Ļќ IN2 ... (YA, A "ROYAL .ί.α.") - BUT STILL, AN "OPTION" ask ... don't kno --- if don't ask!!
    03-25-11 07:50 PM
    d NOT "LIVE" W/IT !! That's the worse thing WE (CONSUMERS) can d --- have a 1-yr warranty ... + ur carrier's "policy" ... T-Mobile is "THREE returns (due to this kinda CRAP etc..) WITHIN "90" DAYS and they will (finally) send a different Model fone . . . WORTH A Ļќ IN2 ... (YA, A "ROYAL .ί.α.") - BUT STILL, AN "OPTION" ask ... don't kno --- if don't ask!!
    Don't suppose you speak English?
    ritesh likes this.
    03-25-11 09:11 PM
    interesting,
    03-30-11 02:33 PM
    Don't suppose you speak English?
    hmmm~ REALLY?? Listen, RED422" it it??
    ~Don't suppose you know much about BLACKBERRYS . . . ??

^^
    Listen a 10 year old kid can even do this. Its not difficult as long as you have the tools mentioned. Yes it does void warranty though. I've ordered a keypad membrane. I will be undertaking this.
    STOP......THIS DOESNT WORK ON MY PHONE.
    I used the eraser and a Contact Cleaner spray. Its gone WORSE! The OEM membranes are ****. Wasted my money.
    my phone is almost unusable now, the stutter is terrible. I've bought a second membrane in the hope that will fix this.
    I don't recommend this.
    Good news, new BB 9780 on the way.
    & I don't suppose your older than α TEN YEAR OLD KID'' ---EITHER, huh?? Makes sense .....

05-13-11 12:31 PM
    I'm on my third 9780 and I'm calling T-Mobile again today. This one stuttered from day one. The exchange process is painless, free and easy. But I'm sick of transferring all my programs and stuff. It's two hours wasted and a PITA.

I really like the phone. It's been great. Except this. Grrrr.
    05-15-11 12:10 PM
    Maybe you are pressing the letter twice without noticing, happens to me a lot. When I type fast, I tend to accidentally push the buttons twice because I'm used to the 9000 keyboard.
    05-15-11 04:32 PM
    Maybe you are pressing the letter twice without noticing, happens to me a lot. When I type fast, I tend to accidentally push the buttons twice because I'm used to the 9000 keyboard.
    READ!!! THINK!!! Then if absolutely necessary... post a reply

05-15-11 04:40 PM
    Hope my this post from another thread helps:

Ok guys, my problem is 100% fixed! Had been suffering from this issue since November. Unlocked T-Mobile Mexico-1.
    Last week an aquaintance advised me to visit this guy in Bombay who fixes cell phones for a living and is very good at his job. Being almost driven upto the wall I thought why not give it a try. Visited him last Fri. His name is Aftab and he's located in a suburb called King's Circle in Bombay, India.
    Total time taken by him: 10 mins.
    Charges: $ 5.
    He dissembled my BB in front of me. Pulled out a hair dryer and blew warm air on the white membrane for 5 to 10 secs. Slowly pulled out the membrane. Started erasing the circuit board with a pencil eraser for 15 secs. Turned the membrane over. Pulled out some gadget which looked like a tweezer with a wire attached to it's other end. He did something to each key dimple on the membrane. It was something like a very mild scratching action. He then cleaned all the key contacts on the PCB with an ear bud which was most probably dipped in isopropyl alcohol. Assembled everything back. The problem has never ever occured again and I can't stop grinning. The best part is that he did all this in front of me and was very careful with the phone all throughout.
    So if any of you guys happen to be in India, he's your man, the magician!! I don't think I would be allowed to post his contact no. in this thread due to the forum rules, but if any of u are intersted, I'll give it a shot.

Last edited by Kishore Thaakur; 05-15-11 at 05:35 PM.
    05-15-11 05:30 PM
    Thankfully my problem's gone! At times it was not just 'double' input but 'triple' too..!! Just typing 2 simple sentences would give me atleast 5 to 6 multiple input errors. It was so frustrating when I had to reply urgently to my client's texts. At times I really wanted to throw the phone out of the window. I am really disappointed with RIM, ..the least I expected from them is to acknowledge this issue. Obviously to increase profits they have sourced inferior quality membranes and other parts, and who pays: their loyal customers who lined up to buy the first lot of 9780s. I respect Apple all the more since they had the courage to officially accept that they had an issue with the antennae. Dunno at what age Lazardis is going to face issues rather than walk away from them (BBC would surely second me on this ).

05-16-11 12:32 AM
    I have noticed that some people develop the issue over time, while others have the issue from the start and it slowly goes away.
    I started with 6 keys double and triple typing.
    A, T, I, R, and L and once in a blue moon, Space
    After a month of use, I now only see the issue with T, R, and L.

Definitely a hardware issue.
    05-18-11 02:36 PM
    and so my keypad decides to be a pain today, i think im going to disassemble now :\ sigh
    05-18-11 04:03 PM
    Hey guys, been suffering with this problem since december and only 2 days ago I finally decided to do something about it (or at least attempt to).
    So I did a complete software reload of the O/S and let it run for a day with no new apps and it ran well. The next day I started installing apps again and installed the weathereye (which I used to have) from the weather network and started noticing the dreaded key duplication happening again.. removed it and rebooted the device and no sign of the duplicate keys so far.
    Anyways it's a long shot and might not work for everybody, but figured i'd put it out there, seems to have made a difference for my device.
    I'm not ruling out hardware issues (if this does happen to someday come back) but usually hardware issues are a little more consistent...
    06-04-11 01:51 PM
    i got a new unit and it works great! thank god i didn't have to disassemble
    06-04-11 11:25 PM
    READ!!! THINK!!! Then if absolutely necessary... post a reply

Are you implying I'm having the stutter problem without realising it? I think I can feel my fingers when I press a button twice.
    07-24-11 08:34 AM
    Are you implying I'm having the stutter problem without realising it? I think I can feel my fingers when I press a button twice.
    No George, I think you know what I was implying.

These people have a seriously annoying hardware problem, and for you to chime in suggesting they're pressing the same button twice wasn't very helpful.

07-24-11 12:14 PM
    have similar issues with my phne.. nt always but they do occur often..
    1. double alphabets for a click.
    2. cursor disappears.
    3. cant scroll up.
    4. keeps scrolling up even if am not using the trackpad...

problem 1 and 4 give a mindf**k... cant type a single message properly.. but if i cover the trackpad and type the msg it works fine... weird.. confused .. help pls.. thnks..
    07-24-11 01:49 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD