Hey All,
    I have this slight problem on my 9780, when typing I sometime get a repeated character. I mean that when I press x for example I sometimes get xx ...
    I believe it might be a bug in the software (6.0.0.285), am I right?
    Is 6.0.0.294 better? Would you advise me to upgrade?
    Thank you kindly.
    12-14-10 04:04 AM
    Nope, I have used both, this is not a software bug.

Do you have any kind of case on your 9780?
    12-14-10 04:07 AM
    No I use it without a case...
    This doesn't occur all the time, it happens once in a while.
    12-14-10 01:32 PM
    Same problem here. Im starting to think it's a hardware issue. First noticed the issue right out of the box on .285, thought it was software so I kept using it till I updated to .359 last week. Still encountering the same issue on .359. Very annoying
    12-14-10 01:49 PM
    Try Options>Typing and Input>Keyboard and choose "Slow".
    12-14-10 01:49 PM
    Changing the key rate doesnt help, iver tried every single one and still experience the duplicated letters. hopefully its OS related and it gets fixed in an upcoming leak/official release.
    It is very annoying indeed
    12-14-10 02:26 PM
    yes the keyboard setting to slow does not fix this.
    Very annoying.
    12-14-10 02:47 PM
    I had this same issue on my phone too. I picked up the 9780 yesterday and it came shipped with .285 and the double press issue annoyed me to no end. I went back and duplicated the problem and the store DOA'd my phone. So far, this new (white) 9780 hasn't displayed the issue. It's on .285 as well.
    12-14-10 06:06 PM
    I don't think this is a hardware problem.... I hope not!
    12-15-10 05:21 PM
    If other users arent experiencing the issue on similar firmwares, it might just be a hardware problem. I really dont wanna replace my device... damn you RIM.
    12-16-10 02:31 AM
    I had this problem when I set my imput rate to very fast. Since changing it so medium fast I haven't had the problem anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 03:13 AM
    Most likely it's a hardware problem

12-16-10 03:28 AM
    I have this issue as well and it happens so infrequently that I'm not really convinced it is a hardware problem. It occurs with well, any key and maybe once or twice a day with lots of typing.

If it were a hardware problem, I'd expect it to be more consistent and occurring at a greater frequency.
    12-16-10 04:54 AM
    exactly, same thing here.
    12-16-10 07:01 AM
    It was a hardware problem for me, and T-Mobile sent me a new phone, now it doesn't happen at all.
    12-16-10 08:12 AM
    I don't know what to make of this problem. It has only just started happening to me this past few days. I spend a lot of time in BBM and email and I would hazard to say it's a hardware / wear-in issue?

Other items which have crept up on me have been:

Pointer disappearing in the browser (within the last week)
    Highlight of menu items in the "Info" bar up top of the screen (week and a half/two weeks ago)
    Double typing (within the past few days)
    Not going to the reply bar within BBM on opening a message. It seems to default at times to the emoticon button (again, within the past few days)

Of any and all the "bugs" I have experienced so far, the worst is having full coverage showing on the phone, but unable to receive data. THAT annoys the **** out of me. The rest of the items only bother me as potential tell-tale signs of bigger problems to come??
    12-16-10 10:26 AM
    Well mine started appening whn new in box but it's not always happening though....
    12-16-10 12:27 PM
    Same for me in terms of not always happening, but of the bugs that most people seem to be having right out of the box, mine was pretty well flawless.
    12-16-10 01:31 PM
    This double typo problem is common, if you can return/exchange your phone, do so immediately! T-Mobile made me re-load the OS with them on the phone, then they said, "Ok, that didn't fix it, we'll send you a new phone."

12-16-10 03:31 PM
    Well mine started appening whn new in box but it's not always happening though....
    Same. I feel like it's been getting less frequent compared to when I first bought it though. I can't really reproduce the issue with any real frequency. I could type pages upon pages worth of text with nothing, but it'll pop up on occasion maybe once a day or two or three even.

It's very very sporadic, which is why I'm not so quick to blame the hardware, especially considering it occurs with multiple keys and so infrequently.

In any event, I went through 3 9780s before I got one without a faulty trackpad, so I'm a little hesitant to swap it again for an issue that so rarely occurs.
    12-16-10 07:42 PM
    Man, I have this EXACT same problem and it's driving me nuts on BBM. I thought I was the only one. I made a thread highlighting the problem, but whoever's running this place decided to move it to another forum. Glad to hear it's not just me.
    12-17-10 05:49 PM
    We should get a poll going here..
    12-18-10 03:23 AM
    I had this problem when I set my imput rate to very fast. Since changing it so medium fast I haven't had the problem anymore.
    Same here... I had changed mine to fast and noticed it happening... Changed it to Medium Fast and no issues as of yet...
    12-21-10 10:56 PM
    This is a hardware problem.

I had this problem when I had a white 9780 and it started doing it with every single button very frequently.

I contacted RIM and asked and they said it is a hardware problem and updating firmware will not fix the problem.

I sold the white one then got a black one, and it seems fine until now.

So if you still have store exchange warranty, get it replaced. Some stores will not exchange to new one for such a minor problem, they will simply tell you it's a software problem, so you have to hustle them.
    12-22-10 10:07 AM
    I had the same issue with 3 keys on my blackberry when I first purchased it. After about 5 days of use (with heavy typing) I haven't had that issue. Maybe this is an isolated incident but maybe with extensive use you'll 'break' in the keyboard

12-22-10 10:38 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD