I lock my bb my pressing the top left keypad lock button but when I press it again to unlock it it won't unlock!! The only way to unlock is to take the battery out and put it back in! It only started doin this yesterday. Can anyone help please x

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 05:27 AM
    I assume that you are holding the button down for about 0.5 seconds.

If this continues, ask for a replacement.
    06-04-10 05:33 AM
    Yeah and still no luck???

06-04-10 05:35 AM
    Call Orange and get a replacement.
    06-04-10 05:53 AM
    What OS version are you running??? If it's a newer OS version... any above OS .500 I think you might want to check out the new locking methods in How to Lock/Unlock with newer OS (.500+)
    06-04-10 06:04 AM
    How do I check wot 0S I'm running on? Sorry to be askin stupid questions but I've only had mobile a few months so I'm still gettin used to it.

06-04-10 06:11 AM
    Go to Options, About and read the 3rd line down. It wil beginn with "v5.0.0.xxx" The xxx is the OS revicion.
    06-04-10 06:18 AM
    V5.0.0.586 that's wot it says???

06-04-10 06:44 AM
    V5.0.0.586 that's wot it says???

Then the link I supplied above does include the OS version you are using. You might want to read that thread about how to lock your device with this newer OS version.
    06-04-10 07:36 AM
    Will do thanks for all your help x

06-04-10 07:50 AM
    AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Still no luck!! Ive tried everything below to unlock it and its still not working??? Ive never put a password in so thats not even an option. Anymore ideas other than hitting it with a big stick!! lol

WITHOUT a Password set, Lock your BB by:
    • Holding down A from Homescreen
    • Clicking Top Left Button from any screen
    • Placing BB in stock holster with magnet
    WITHOUT a Password set, Unlock your BB by:
    • Clicking Top Left Button
    • Removing from stock holster
    06-04-10 10:53 AM
    Do what Pete6 recommended a while back... call Orange and get a replacement.
    06-04-10 11:38 AM
    yeah gonna do, thanks for the help
    06-04-10 11:51 AM
    You're aren't the only person to experience this. Went to .743 from Rogers, on my AT&T 9700. Same thing happened to me, but also, I could no longer hold ALT and type symbols, I had to press it once for each symbol/number. And while typing every second word or so it would skip letters, I'd have to go back and retype. VERY ANNOYING. So I used JLCommander, wiped and reinstalled the previous OS, SAME ISSUE. Wiped and reinstalled the latest official AT&T OS (602) and same thing. Contacted the warranty department and they are shipping me a new one. Odd, why would updating to the newest OS cause that, and then cause it to reoccur when downgrading back to what I previously had? Anyway, all will be fine in a few days when the replacement comes in! WHY CAN'T THE 9800 DROP?????
    06-20-10 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD