Hello there!

I'm a fairly fresh Blackberry convert and I'm absolutely loving my Blackberry Bold 9000 and having an amazing keyboard that worked extremely well, for a bit.

Lately though, the keyboard is WAY too sensitive all of a sudden, many times while I send a message I have to constantly correct errors where I thumb a key and it responds by typing that letter twice. The same exact thing is happening with my menu key, I press the menu key and I quite literally am "moving" an icon around my menu screen as it registers that I hit the key twice.

I've had this Blackberry for TWO weeks and though I'm loving it this is a serious problem and starting to get on my nerves. I contemplated thinking if it was just my typing but this happens so subtlety I ruled that out fairly fast. I really have no clue what's going on and tried playing around with the "key rate" settings to no avail. Unfortunately a return isn't really an option as I bought this mobile new online and am starting a contract with my company soon.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving me insane!
    Last edited by Outkome; 05-24-10 at 03:14 PM.
    05-24-10 03:03 PM
    it's very easy my friend.

Go to Options-Keyboard/screen and there, you can adjust your sensivilty or key speed...
    05-24-10 04:25 PM
    Thanks for your reply! But, unfortunately that's not helping me with my problem as there's only an option to adjust the keyrate which I've tried on every setting to no avail, and sensitivity options for the trackball scrolling. Any one else have any suggestions or experience with problems with the keyboard being EXTREMELY overly sensitive?
    05-24-10 08:58 PM
    Thanks for your reply! But, unfortunately that's not helping me with my problem as there's only an option to adjust the keyrate which I've tried on every setting to no avail, and sensitivity options for the trackball scrolling. Any one else have any suggestions or experience with problems with the keyboard being EXTREMELY overly sensitive?
    This seems to be a more common problem with other models. The new curves were repeating letters and mixing them up. If you call your carrier where you bought it, they will tell you to restore give you the runaround that might fix it for a few days max. I know for a fact they replaced a purple curve that my friend recently bought. Call RIM/your service provider and explain your situation. That's your best bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 11:32 PM
    I bought my BB Bold about 2-3 weeks ago and have precisely the same problem. The letter are being repetitively typed 2-3-4 times at random, and the same happens when I pressed the menu button, resulting in erratic movement of application icons. I am at my wits end because of this, because just to type a simple one sentence, I have to spend considerable amount of time fixing the spelling, most of the time, not just once, but many times because the one you try to correct may end up still having multiple appearance. Its really frustrating. I have tried every possible ways to fix, including wiping out the blackberry, all to no avail. Prior to this, I used a BB curve, and the keypad seemed to working just fine.

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by asmawi; 06-28-10 at 01:03 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    06-28-10 12:59 AM
    i wish i could access my my menu ..
    06-28-10 02:06 PM
    Change the white sheet under the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 04:05 AM
    It appears to be an issue with a particular lot of BlackBerries, or possibly a particular OS version, wiping the device will reinstall the same OS. Upgrade/downgrade the OS on the devices and see if that helps. If that does not, since the devices are under warranty DO NOT open up anything in the device, rather go in for in warranty repairs/replacements.
    07-26-11 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD