Hi all,

Got my BB9780 two weeks ago from Swisscom (Switzerland) and somehow I have the feeling that the keyboard quality isn't that good as it was on my previous BB9000/9700.

Why? Normally when u're typing u hear a 'click' and you also can feel it....However on my 9780, on the left side you have exact that feeling but on the right side you don't...It's not doing 'click' when you press a key and you almost can't notice it.

Is that normal? According to my provider it is the same with all 9780 devices they have..Does anyone else also have the same or similar feeling?

Thanks,
    Matt
    03-07-11 02:40 PM
    Every Blackberry device I have owned "seemed" to feel a little different. Keyboards are from different manufactures who use different parts and membranes. No two have felt the same.

If it works and does not error or double type, I would hold onto it as many have had these problems.
    03-07-11 02:58 PM
    Every key on my keyboard is doing the click sound.
    But if it's not anoying I would advise you to keep it that way.
    If it is annoying, just ask for a new phone, I heard you guys could do that in the US. (But you might get a phone with the double type problem, and this would really suck)
    03-07-11 03:47 PM
    Yup, I agree with greggebhardt, every BlackBerrys are made differently regardless of the model. Some were made better than others, some weren't. If you're having trouble typing, I'd suggest getting a different one.
    03-07-11 05:50 PM
    Every handset is different from other so it's not a big deal that you have such a feeling. One of our family member used to have BB9780 and i used to send overwhelming texts to my friends but never got an impression that there's something wrong with the keypad.
    03-08-11 01:11 AM
    Its like a hand made car, ever one is a little bit different.

Mines perfectly fine, and dont get me wrong. Ive had plenty of bb causes stress on me.
    03-08-11 01:36 AM
    I have actually noticed that my 9780 has a much different feel than my 9700 did...I thought I was going crazy. Good to know other people are noticing it too :P
    03-13-11 12:06 AM
    9780 quality sucks in general. not happy at all. from keyboard issues yellow screens light gaps loose parts list goes on. ill be waiting for my 13! device. the last 6 i have receive for replacement DID NOT WORK when i took them out of the box. screens broken buttons not working yellow screens, my last device NOT ONE button on the phone worked!!! this is unacceptable and down right BU!!%&!t. RIM figure your **** out as my carrier will be hearing from me tomorrow as i have had enough.
    03-13-11 12:14 AM
    9780 quality sucks in general. not happy at all. from keyboard issues yellow screens light gaps loose parts list goes on. ill be waiting for my 13! device. the last 6 i have receive for replacement DID NOT WORK when i took them out of the box. screens broken buttons not working yellow screens, my last device NOT ONE button on the phone worked!!! this is unacceptable and down right BU!!%&!t. RIM figure your **** out as my carrier will be hearing from me tomorrow as i have had enough.
    I just picked up my first 9780 today and the build quality on mine is great. No flaws whatsoever. Maybe I'm just lucky...
    03-13-11 01:23 AM
    damn were you for real when you said 13th device? ouch
    03-13-11 07:03 AM
    I'm fine with my keyboard, but did anyone of you noticed the trackpad is loose a bit? Like it jiggles and isn't fixed properly like the Torch was.
    03-13-11 09:07 AM
    I can hear a click when I press any button and am so far happy with my keyboard. Have to agree tho that every keyboard can't be the same. It's definitely not mushy for me and all keys have a clearly defined point which is great. Maybe you can check against another one as your keyboard might have an issue.
    03-13-11 09:18 AM
    I'm fine with my keyboard, but did anyone of you noticed the trackpad is loose a bit? Like it jiggles and isn't fixed properly like the Torch was.
    It's a button... it's supposed to move

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 09:20 AM
    It's a button... it's supposed to move

I think I know what he's talking about. The area around the trackpad is not very firm and I believe he means that it doesn't feature a snug fit.
    03-13-11 11:50 AM
    Hi all,

Got my BB9780 two weeks ago from Swisscom (Switzerland) and somehow I have the feeling that the keyboard quality isn't that good as it was on my previous BB9000/9700...
    If that ends up being your only complaint about keyboard issues with your 9780, consider yourself lucky.

Quite a number of people in the stuttering keys thread are now complaining that 9780's that initially had no keyboard issues are developing stuttering keys. So the stuttering keys thing may be something that many more users are bound to experience as their phones settle in. A scary prospect as a phone that seems fine at first may be apt to get stutter-itus after your return warranty period has expired. Leaving you stuck with a defective phone.

How Many Users NOT Experiencing Double Key Input Issue?
    03-13-11 12:47 PM
    I think I know what he's talking about. The area around the trackpad is not very firm and I believe he means that it doesn't feature a snug fit.
    That's exactly what I mean. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, then take a look at the Torch and see for yourself.

So is this a problem with my trackpad only or it's fine for everybody else?
    03-13-11 02:12 PM
    I totally agree! I'm on my second replacement 9780 and waiting for my third reeplacement as I type this. This phone is garbage, horribly manufactured and I'm disgusted with RIM for not even addressing and fixing the double key problem. Instead they go on selling a shoddy defective piece of craap to people and expecting the customer to juust accept it. No wonder RIM is failing.

07-17-11 02:58 AM
    The trackpad on my first 9780 was fine but the trackpad on this one (my second one) is lose...along with the space bar, and the piece between the bezel and the last row of keys where the carrier's name is printed on the phone. Man this phone sux!!!!

07-17-11 03:05 AM
    i have no issues with my 9780 (2nd device)
    my first device has numerous keypad issues
    07-18-11 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD