Dear all,

Hope you are doing well.
    I have a bold 9700 device and recently I was unable to unlock my phone when I saw red light. To be accurate, keyboard and lock and mute buttons are inactive. Only volume buttons allow me to saw the screen and the amount of notifications increasing. So I guess the device works but with no connection with keyboard and buttons which is quite complex for a blackberry.

Any one with a similar concern and solutions.

Many thanks in advance for your support.
    05-23-13 01:04 PM
    Is this a new phone to you? Has the keyboard and buttons worked before for you?
    05-23-13 04:15 PM
    Hi, it works during 3 entire years without any issue. I was responding to a message and then lock it once finished. Few minutes after red light pop up again and I try to write my password to unlock but keyboard not responding, unlock button too. Quite surprising and I did not find any comment on Internet about such issue.

I guess that keyboard map glued to mother card is over but I would like to know if it could be repaired.
    Thanks.
    05-23-13 04:44 PM
    If it is the keyboard going out it can be replaced pretty easily. There are videos on youtube that show you how to take apart your phone and replace it. But if it's both the keyboard and lock button stop functions at the same time I'm not sure it's the keyboard. the lock button is in a different location isn't it?
    05-23-13 04:57 PM
    Yeah the unlock/lock and mute buttons are located on the top of the device. I saw that keyboard could be changed on Internet but here only volume buttons works. After clicking on it, I saw my home screen with notifications which continue to increase so device works. Is it possible that only a module of the mother card is over? Can I change the mother card easily? What is the price?

Should I consider my device has definitely dead. I switch to an old bb storm and I would be better if the experience could be short.
    05-23-13 05:04 PM
    I'm not sure if you can replace the motherboard. As far as cost I would think you would be better off finding a used one for sell. Before you do that I would try backing up the data on the phone and reloading the OS just in case it's something as simple as that.
    syriusdante likes this.
    05-23-13 05:13 PM
    Motherboard sounds better than mother card. French native. Sorry. Well I already save data on computer. How could I reload the OS?
    05-23-13 05:17 PM
    Well when I saved my data I checked if new version of OS was available and of course not. Should I force a version and if yes where can i find them?
    05-23-13 05:23 PM
    You can do a security wipe using a program like BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). This will clear everything off your phone including the OS.

Then you can follow this guild to reload it. How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Here is the thread with the latest OS for the 9700 just in case you don't have it. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ustria-760836/
    syriusdante likes this.
    05-23-13 05:27 PM
    Well when I saved my data I checked if new version of OS was available and of course not. Should I force a version and if yes where can i find them?
    I would go with the latest version even if it's not from your carrier.
    05-23-13 05:28 PM
    Thanks I will try ASAP and let you know if my device is safe and so my patience too.
    05-23-13 05:36 PM
    Not sure that the link for the last version of OS works....could you have a look please? Many many thanks for your support
    05-23-13 05:39 PM
    Well I found one. Sorry for the disturb. Thanks
    05-23-13 05:41 PM
    I'm getting it and will post a link for you. It is taking few minutes.
    05-23-13 05:50 PM
    Here's the latest version if you still need it. http://db.tt/WyY2l4OY
    05-23-13 05:56 PM
    Well. I followed all the steps to wipe device and then reload OS but unfortunately the same issue about keyboard and buttons occurs. Think we could consider the device as dead.

Many thanks for your support. Have a nice day
    05-24-13 07:33 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you can either get it repaired or find another one.
    05-24-13 09:51 AM