So I may have gotten my phone wet when I had to run through a rainstorm, although neither of the two wetness indicators (on the battery and on the phone next to the battery) show any sign of redness.

Starting my phone up is weird as I have to hold the power button down a bit longer. As well, only the bottom part of the keyboard is fully lit. The top part is extremely dim. Everything else runs the exact same. Should I maybe put the phone in rice for a few hours?

edit: and when I tried playing around with the backlight settings, the top flickered a little.
    Last edited by Raymonddd; 07-29-11 at 08:58 PM.
    07-29-11 08:56 PM
    If you suspect water has gotten in there, you should have put it in rice right away. Having power going through the components while wet can cause them to fail whereas they may not have if it was in rice with no battery and allowed to fully dry.
    Good luck
    07-29-11 09:02 PM
    If you suspect water has gotten in there, you should have put it in rice right away. Having power going through the components while wet can cause them to fail whereas they may not have if it was in rice with no battery and allowed to fully dry.
    Good luck
    Thanks. Should I keep the battery in the phone with the back cover off? Right now its everything but the battery.
    07-29-11 09:05 PM
    Thanks. Should I keep the battery in the phone with the back cover off? Right now its everything but the battery.
    Battery should be out completely.
    Raymondd likes this.
    07-29-11 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD