I was curious about this with my old BlackBerry Bold, but is it me of does it no make sense to light the keyboard while the BB is in the charge pod? I just don't need THAT much light next to my bed! It seems that it would be perfect if the clock displayed without the keyboard and buttons lit. Then when you remove the BB from the pod, the keyboard and buttons should light. Just curious if others agree. Sounds like a potential RFE to me.
    02-29-12 09:30 PM
    Activate bedside mode.
    02-29-12 09:36 PM
    Go to options for the clock. Ensure under "when charging" bedside mode is enabled. Also ensure dim screen has a check in the box.
    03-01-12 12:08 AM
    That dims the whole front...clock and keyboard. I like the clock showing, but it makes no sense to me why they leave the keyboard lit.
    03-01-12 12:54 AM
    That dims the whole front...clock and keyboard. I like the clock showing, but it makes no sense to me why they leave the keyboard lit.
    while your phone is in the dock, did you:

1) hit any buttons to check something; or
    2) snooze/off your alarm?
    03-01-12 01:00 AM
    It would seem that some are not reading the question, I understand the issue as I have the same problem with mine and no, not pushing any buttons, not teaching it to tap dance or even inviting it to dinner, just placing it in the cradle and assuming that with it set to clock mode that it will understand that the back light on the keypad does not have to be on to display a clock. Bearing in mind that I do wish for the clock to show so please do not be so redundant as to suggest I put it in bedside mode whereby defeating the purpose of this message totally and looking like a total noob to the rest of us. Thinking this is a glitch and looking for a true solution for this not speculation. Thanks in advance to the ones that will actually advance this to solved and save me a world of head shaking.
    10-09-13 03:21 AM
    It would seem that some are not reading the question, I understand the issue as I have the same problem with mine and no, not pushing any buttons, not teaching it to tap dance or even inviting it to dinner, just placing it in the cradle and assuming that with it set to clock mode that it will understand that the back light on the keypad does not have to be on to display a clock. Bearing in mind that I do wish for the clock to show so please do not be so redundant as to suggest I put it in bedside mode whereby defeating the purpose of this message totally and looking like a total noob to the rest of us. Thinking this is a glitch and looking for a true solution for this not speculation. Thanks in advance to the ones that will actually advance this to solved and save me a world of head shaking.
    do you even know what beside mode does? it does exactly what the OP wants, which is to display the clock. the above suggestion/questions were asked to troubleshoot the problem with the keypad lighting up.

you are epic for (1) not understanding & (2) for raising the dead (digging a post from 2012).
    10-09-13 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD