I heard from a friend that the reason why the keyboard (space bar/last row) is so high up and narrow is because its actually being lowered a little bit and the space bar is going to be widened out carefully to make room for larger buttons and the optical trackpad. I think this makes sense. He said the reason why the pre production units with the trackball had that high up thin narrow last row was because these did not yet feature the bigger buttons and the trackpad.
    06-19-09 08:10 AM
    If that's true, that would be sweet. This would be a step in the right direction on a solid platform. I can only hope a 9030 shows up soon after!
    06-19-09 08:31 AM
    That will help the only thing I did not like about the 8900 was the keyboard and how small the keys were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 08:53 AM
    I heard the same thing. And I heard the new, bigger buttons, are going to be similar to the ones on the Storm 2.
    06-19-09 09:59 AM
    Sounds great.

Again: Hopefully this keyboard's gonna be on the same level as the bold's.
    06-19-09 12:26 PM
    Very cool. Love these tid bits of info
    06-19-09 12:30 PM
    [QUOTE=rob88;2840778]I heard from a friend that the reason why the keyboard (space bar/last row) is so high up and narrow is because its actually being lowered a little bit and the space bar is going to be widened out carefully to make room for larger buttons and the optical trackpad. I think this makes sense. He said the reason why the pre production units with the trackball had that high up thin narrow last row was because these did not yet feature the bigger buttons and the trackpad.[/QUOTE

I'm looking at my BOLD right now and as we all know there are spaces between the menu and back buttons. with the new track pad that will be coming to the onxy and future bb devices the keyboard will be brought down just a little to make room for things, but then again with the onxy can it be the same size and shape as the bold or what? i love the bold i just dislike the track ball!!
    06-21-09 10:25 PM
    but then again with the onxy can it be the same size and shape as the bold or what?
    I hope not!! The Bold is too big. IMO
    06-21-09 11:05 PM
    I hope not!! The Bold is too big. IMO
    not really, the BOLD is perfect. well for me its perfect.
    06-21-09 11:08 PM
    Even if the onyx is increased in size a little I don't think it will make much of a difference. We are all going to purchase it no matter what haha.
    06-21-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD