Ok I posted a thread stating issues with my keyboard. When I type it registers the same letter more than once even though I only push the button once. It also inserts periods randomly when I don't even push the period. I've wiped the phone, cleaned the back of the keypad as well as the contacts on the motherboard and I still have the same issue. There's no moisture damage as the water damage indicators are still white.

The phone is no longer under warranty so what I can I do to fix the problem? Is it the actual keypad that is malfunctioning now? Should I send it out for repair and if so, where do I send it? I need help asap as this is my only phone. Thanks.
    06-01-10 07:26 AM
    Ok I posted a thread stating issues with my keyboard. When I type it registers the same letter more than once even though I only push the button once. It also inserts periods randomly when I don't even push the period. I've wiped the phone, cleaned the back of the keypad as well as the contacts on the motherboard and I still have the same issue. There's no moisture damage as the water damage indicators are still white.

The phone is no longer under warranty so what I can I do to fix the problem? Is it the actual keypad that is malfunctioning now? Should I send it out for repair and if so, where do I send it? I need help asap as this is my only phone. Thanks.
    Try going to options --> Screen/Keyboard --> Key rate. That may be set at fast or medium fast. It should be at normal. If it's at normal, try slow or medium slow.
    06-01-10 10:02 AM
    I tried that as well but no luck. Anything else I could try?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 10:58 AM
    Warranty replacement. If it's not under warranty, backup, reload software, test without restoring data. If the issue is still present, dunno.

I haven't yet determined if keypad issues are hardware or IO issues. Blackberry keypads are really just adhesive sheets on top of the PCB. Harder than butts to replace, but there are services online that will do this for about $35, plus S&H both ways.
    06-01-10 12:47 PM
    Warranty replacement. If it's not under warranty, backup, reload software, test without restoring data. If the issue is still present, dunno.

I haven't yet determined if keypad issues are hardware or IO issues. Blackberry keypads are really just adhesive sheets on top of the PCB. Harder than butts to replace, but there are services online that will do this for about $35, plus S&H both ways.
    I tried that as well to no avail. There is a local place that does all sorts of cell repairs so I will probably just take it to them to find out what the problem is. $20 for a "simple" fix so hopefully this is a simple fix.
    06-01-10 02:47 PM
    same problem ...
    06-06-10 08:34 AM
    I tried the dry rice trick and updated to new OS and still the same problem. I'm going to try a 4.6 OS and see if that fixes the problem.

06-06-10 10:15 AM
    1) do a battery pull
    if (1) does not work then ...
    2) backup using DM
    3) do a security wipe using phone's wipe or BBASK
    4) reload the OS
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    06-06-10 10:31 AM
    maybe he has the replace the keyboard haha
    but i doubt thats the problem
    06-08-10 06:51 PM
    After talking to a tech at work it seems that my keys r sticking. What can I do to solve this.

06-08-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD