• Storm 9500

3 10.00%
  • Bold 9000

22 73.33%
  • Curve 8900

3 10.00%
  • I dont know

2 6.67%
    I have got the blackberry storm now for about 4 months. And I must say its a very nice phone! it looks brilliant but I am getting bored with it.

At my work they just got the bb curve 8900 witch looks amazing aswell, I miss a real qwearty keyboard. its like the blackberry storm look with a keyboard. Is the curve a later model then the storm 9500 ??

Before I knew anything about the blackberry storm, I really wanted the blackberry bold! and yes ! that one looks brilliant to, I think! is this a earlier model then the blackberry curve 8900?

because im getting bored with my storm for a couple of weeks is it wise to switch to a blackberry curve 8900 or a blackberry bold 900.
    The things I like about the storm, it has a big screen, and love to watch films on it. and youtube player I like and is that the only reason i should keep the blackberry storm?

Should I take the curve of bold? because I miss a real keyboard?

I really need your help! and I know this is a Blackberry bold forum , but I want to know from the real bold users then the storm or curve forums.
    03-08-09 08:13 AM
    Well the Curve 8900 is the newest device out of all of them. But remember the Bold is on ATT and the 8900 is on T-Mobile. So if you plan on switching your going to have to switch providers. If you do choose to switch I would go with the 8900. If you wait a few months verizon will be getting the 9630 which is basically the CDMA version of the 8900. IMO I would wait for the 9630 this way you don't incur any cancellation fees and get to stay with verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 08:18 AM
    Definitely the Bold, unless you want a slightly better camera and more app memory/screen res.
    03-08-09 08:19 AM
    1. Bold, closely followed by
    2. Curve 8900

You won't regret it!
    03-08-09 08:39 AM
    I say go for the bold. The curve 8900 is latest though but it doesnot appeal as much as bold does. When I take out my bold some people seriously asks me 'dude ur phone looks classy, what brand>?
    The curve 8900 basically shows dat its kinda made of plastiky thing while bold hads that 'fake leather' [which doesn't look fake all though] which makes it look super rich. And talking bout STORM, it disappoints after using iPhone 3G.

And BOLD screen. haha....BEATS OUT ANY DAMN PHONE IN MARKET.
    03-08-09 09:04 AM
    Isn't the Bold and 8900 almost exactly the same..? What would be the differences within the phone? Not appearance/looks. I'm talking functionality etc.. Is there any difference..?

03-08-09 09:08 AM
    The 8900 has more memory (256MB vs. 128MB?) and slightly higher res screen (480x360 vs. 480x320). Also has a 3.2 megapixel camera (vs. 2 megapixel). (I'm recalling this from memory, so forgive me if I'm wrong.)

The Bold has 3G on at&t (and any other 3G GSM type provider). I think the Bold has a faster processor, but I'm not at all certain on that.

03-08-09 09:17 AM
    Isn't the Bold and 8900 almost exactly the same..? What would be the differences within the phone? Not appearance/looks. I'm talking functionality etc.. Is there any difference..?

the differences are>>
    the Bold has a faster processor
    the Bold is on 3G and the 8900 is on edge...
    the 8900 has more device memory
    the bold has 1GB internal storage
    the bold has a bigger screen area
    the 8900 has a camera with more megapixels
    basically the Bold is bigger and faster than the 8900 with a larger screen...the more memory in the 8900 is not really something "better"...the Bold has more than enough memory so the added memory in the 8900 is great to have but it has no impact unless you want to have about 100 apps on your phone
    having a better camera is not important to me but it may be to you
    03-08-09 10:07 AM
    I don't know why they made the 8900 with a higher resolution than their flagship. But I bet the Bold will be the first 4G BlackBerry.
    03-08-09 12:37 PM
    Bold. Bold. Bold. Honestly, I wouldn't buy a candy bar from VZW... They lock too many things out, too hard to switch phones (no SIM) and their customer service is horrendous! I just made the switch to FIOS (phone, tv, internet) and even though I'm saving a rediculous amount of money, I hate dealing with them. AT&T all the way.
    03-08-09 12:52 PM
    Go with the bold. It's the best blackberry out. It has 3G and in my opinion the best keyboard on any blackberry
    03-08-09 02:13 PM
    i voted bold as well. can't go wrong.
    03-08-09 03:16 PM
    ^^
    yah i agree
    03-08-09 03:38 PM
    I voted for the Bold because it rocks!
    03-08-09 03:52 PM
    the bold is by far the best blackberry released when running it on a 3G network with the newest available software
    03-08-09 04:00 PM
    Its really subjective. You need to try both out for yourself and go for the one that suits you. And in a bold section, you are obviously going to get more ppl that prefer the bold. Just go try both and weigh the pros and cons. Also consider carrier options.

03-08-09 04:05 PM
    I'm new to BlackBerry having bought a BOLD only two weeks ago; It didn't long for me to become addicted! The GPS (Vodafone Sat Nav), 3G and WiFi...

...too many great features!
    03-08-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD