Just got a brand new 9700 and in the span of 2 days have had to pull the battery 10 times due to the JVM Error 545 message. After searching, it seems that the only fix is to reload the OS. I can't seem to be able to reload the OS because DM says its up-to-date.

DM is at 5.0.1 and the phone is 5.0.0.405 (Platfrom 5.1.0.112). Only apps I have are AppWorld and BBM. I was getting the 545 error even before activating the phone. It blew up while on it's initial charge before I even put in the SIM card.

Am I going to have to run JLCommander and completely wipe the device to reload the OS?

Thanks!
    05-23-10 10:34 AM
    You could use BBSAK or CrackMem to wipe your device and reload your OS... both are available using links in my signature below... but yes, wiping your device and using one of those to load the OS you need to download and install on your PC is required.
    05-23-10 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

Tried updating the OS to .656 and made things worse. Device rebooted all by itself much more frequently. Then I used BBSAK to wipe the device and reload the official AT&T. This did not help either, same result.

Device is going back to AT&T and I'm getting a replacement.
    05-24-10 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

Tried updating the OS to .656 and made things worse. Device rebooted all by itself much more frequently. Then I used BBSAK to wipe the device and reload the official AT&T. This did not help either, same result.

Device is going back to AT&T and I'm getting a replacement.
    That would have been the next suggestion. Hopefully they can send you one quickly.
    05-24-10 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD