I just got a JVM error 545... Didn't do anything weird, it just happened by itself.

Did several battery pulls, no luck...

Anyone know how to fix this on a BB 9900?
    08-26-11 09:11 PM
    JVM (java virtual machine) error 545 is a corrupt or missing file. I'm guessing that you have installed an app or OS upgrade that caused this. In the case of this type of error, a battery pull will not correct it. You will need to remove the corrupt app and possibly reload the OS.
    08-26-11 10:13 PM
    I just got a JVM error 545... Didn't do anything weird, it just happened by itself.

Did several battery pulls, no luck...

Anyone know how to fix this on a BB 9900?
    what os was your 9900 on? there have been a few test units we've had at at&t that had this issue...

PG
    08-26-11 11:17 PM
    what os was your 9900 on? there have been a few test units we've had at at&t that had this issue...

PG

PG, care to give us an update on how the 9900 is doing in testing at AT&T? I don't think I've ever been more anxious for a new device...
    08-27-11 12:24 AM
    Hi

I am with Virgin Mobile Canada and have exchanged 2 BB 9900 phones already.
    Folks at Virgin in Square One are helpful... they showed me how to identify the error with my new phone.

Simply hold ALT and type "lglg" this should display an entire log of functions your phone carries out. Anything bolded will mean it is an error.

The most common error I have had so far is the JVM error 102. Not an easy fix for an amateur like myself.

Reason for error on my phone is downloading of the following apps;
    1. Foursquare
    2. Weather Eye

Both apps tried to take control of my phone and always slowed or froze the phone.

Going in tomorrow to exchange it for an Android... there i said it!!

Virgin mobile policy is to not exchange for the same phone more than 3 times within 30 days... customer has to pick another phone.
    09-11-11 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD