I know I haven't posted at all, but I lurk a lot, and love BB! Been following all the Bold 9900/9930 chatter, and just popped into Verizon in Bellevue WA, and asked if they knew when the 9930 was out, and the woman said, "it is funny you asked that because I am reading a training/memo from Verizon right now on Os 7. Wow! Then she said that lately when they get emails/memos like that, the phone is VERY close to coming out, sometimes without much notice if at all, ala droid 3. What do you guys think???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-11 04:03 PM
    More great evidence from Verizon. Thank you.

Just as a reference, the 9330 and 9550 were officially announced from Verizon 1-2 days before release.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 08-05-11 at 04:08 PM.
    08-05-11 04:05 PM
    A leak of that training email/memo would have perked up quite a few Verizon customers on here, I'd say!
    08-05-11 04:06 PM
    Let me start by welcoming you to the forums, officially now that you have a username.

08-05-11 04:07 PM
    You should have asked her to forward you the email!
    08-05-11 04:08 PM
    i was surprised that droid 3 was launched silently. i was in a vzw store about a week after it launched and the sales reps at the store stated they received no training for the droid 3.
    08-05-11 04:08 PM
    i was surprised that droid 3 was launched silently. i was in a vzw store about a week after it launched and the sales reps at the store stated they received no training for the droid 3.
    It's a dumb phone. No training needed.

opcorn:

see my device model above
    08-05-11 04:13 PM
    What training would they need for the Droid 3, bigger screen. Training over. Wash and repeat
    08-05-11 04:14 PM
    It's a dumb phone. No training needed.

opcorn:

see my device model above
    you beat me to it lol
    08-05-11 04:14 PM
    I know I haven't posted at all, but I lurk a lot, and love BB! Been following all the Bold 9900/9930 chatter, and just popped into Verizon in Bellevue WA, and asked if they knew when the 9930 was out, and the woman said, "it is funny you asked that because I am reading a training/memo from Verizon right now on Os 7. Wow! Then she said that lately when they get emails/memos like that, the phone is VERY close to coming out, sometimes without much notice if at all, ala droid 3. What do you guys think???

This is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing and welcome to CrackBerry officially.
    08-05-11 04:20 PM
    Oh, I so hope this is valid news!! Hopefully we will hear something next week!
    08-05-11 04:28 PM
    What training would they need for the Droid 3, bigger screen. Training over. Wash and repeat
    makes sales reps look incompetent when they know nothing about the device; ie specs. but whatever.

in any case, thanks for the news drcharlton and welcome to crackberry.
    08-05-11 04:36 PM
    Gotta give it to Verizon, they keep potential leaks locked down. Fingers crossed for a quick upcoming release.
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    08-05-11 04:38 PM

Oh I hope she wasn't pulling your leg.
    08-05-11 05:06 PM
    I also was at verizon today and spoke to a district manager and I told him i didnt want to switch carriers if they were not going to carry the new bbs. He told me they were getting a new bold and new torch like full touchscreen device. He asked me if I knew what that was and I explained to him the new touchscreen. He then said o that must be the storm replacement he has heard about. He could not give me a dead drop date but said by the end of the summer if not by end of month. Take it with a grain of salt but the way he said Torch like touchscreen device kinda of eased my fears of verizon not getting these phones.
    08-05-11 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD