Hi CrackBerry!

I've been searching this forum for a few weeks now before finally deciding to get an AT&T Bold 9900. I decided to get a Bold 9900 because i've been glued to my iPhone for years now. I've tried setting restrictions on my iPhone to reduce my usage but I always end up removing them. It doesn't seem healthy to be constantly on the phone so I got the Bold 9900 to combat my constant need to be connected. This is my third day with the Bold and I must say, I am impressed! This phone has held up very well! It is perfect for what I need, just calling and texting. No distractions!

I am on AT&T and I got BIS setup on May 15th, 2020. The rep I got connected with had no idea about BIS, she just asked for the IMEI and told me to power cycle my phone and magically BIS was enabled! Internet and MMS are working great! (I didn't switch sims, I just slid my iPhone nano sim in and it worked).

Everything has been great so far I'm just a little confused about a few things. First, whenever I boot the phone I am greeted with this certificate error message. (See attached pics) I'm not sure what this is? Can anyone explain this? Also, I was able to download Spotify from the App World and it signs in but refuses to load any search over 4G and Wi-Fi, does anyone have a solution for this? I was able to play one of the "Popular Tracks" but that was it. Any ideas?

I appreciate this forums dedication to legacy device and hope to contribute to this forum. Please ask me anything I will try to help as best I can. Thanks!

Just switched to an AT&T Bold 9900!-screen-shot-2020-05-18-12.12.50-pm.jpg
    Just switched to an AT&T Bold 9900!-screen-shot-2020-05-18-12.11.45-pm.jpg
    Just switched to an AT&T Bold 9900!-screen-shot-2020-05-18-12.12.34-pm.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Just switched to an AT&T Bold 9900!-img_0688-copy.jpg  
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    05-18-20 02:15 PM
    Ah, AT&T's ol' faux-G.

I hope you remember that AT&T's "4G" is really HSPA+ (shown as "H+" in the rest of the world). It's based on 3G, and AT&T is shutting down their 3G service in 2022.

In fact, I'm surprised they still activated a non-LTE phone since it won't support VoLTE after the switchover. Guess they are letting it go a little longer.

Sorry, can't help with the cert issue. Maybe something with the service books.
    05-18-20 02:49 PM
    Security errors on the Bold browser have plagued the device for several years. It’s one of the reasons I eventually gave up with my 9900.

There were some certificate import tricks but personally I never had much success with them.

Subject of security certificate errors was discussed extensively in the following forum

9900:Resurgence of popularity!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

If you can live without a reliable browser and really do just want text, calls, Email etc., with the beat typing experience ever, then the Bold could continue to serve you well.
    05-19-20 02:42 AM
    Post Deleted
    05-19-20 02:46 AM
    Hi CrackBerry!

I've been searching this forum for a few weeks now before finally deciding to get an AT&T Bold 9900. I decided to get a Bold 9900 because i've been glued to my iPhone for years now. I've tried setting restrictions on my iPhone to reduce my usage but I always end up removing them. It doesn't seem healthy to be constantly on the phone so I got the Bold 9900 to combat my constant need to be connected. This is my third day with the Bold and I must say, I am impressed! This phone has held up very well! It is perfect for what I need, just calling and texting. No distractions!

I am on AT&T and I got BIS setup on May 15th, 2020. The rep I got connected with had no idea about BIS, she just asked for the IMEI and told me to power cycle my phone and magically BIS was enabled! Internet and MMS are working great! (I didn't switch sims, I just slid my iPhone nano sim in and it worked).

Everything has been great so far I'm just a little confused about a few things. First, whenever I boot the phone I am greeted with this certificate error message. (See attached pics) I'm not sure what this is? Can anyone explain this? Also, I was able to download Spotify from the App World and it signs in but refuses to load any search over 4G and Wi-Fi, does anyone have a solution for this? I was able to play one of the "Popular Tracks" but that was it. Any ideas?

I appreciate this forums dedication to legacy device and hope to contribute to this forum. Please ask me anything I will try to help as best I can. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.12.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	448495

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.11.45 PM.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	448494

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.12.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	448496
    I believe that error message is partly due to your device having corporate administrator settings which simply means it was deployed as part of a corporate fleet back in the day.
    05-19-20 04:45 AM
    Is there any way to remove the corporate administrator settings? Will this effect using it at all?
    05-19-20 01:08 PM
    Is there any way to remove the corporate administrator settings? Will this effect using it at all?
    I'm sure that some BIS or BES experts here are better able to answer that question. I'm pretty sure basic answer would be no if you don't have administrator credentials for security purposes.
    05-20-20 07:06 AM