Just got off the phone with a Rogers rep about upgrading my Curve to a Bold....

FYI - Bolds won't be available in most STOREFRONT locations until next week. Rogers is only offering it online for the most part today.

Now to the crappy part. I've been a Rogers client for about 6 years now...have a personal line and second voiceline on my cell for my business....Rogers wants me to pay $724 to upgrade to the Bold...I said "Thanks but no thanks"

I'm a HUGE Blackberry fan...but there's no way in **** i'm paying over $700 for the damn Bold. They've lost their minds.

Last time I upgraded my phone for the Curve..they originally quoted me somewhere around $600...but when I made a fuss they transfered me to a few others..and one of the business reps ended up giving me the new GPS Curve for $300.

No such luck this time...
    08-21-08 10:23 AM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I called Robbers today and been a customer since March 08 only. I got 300 dollars off and got the phone shipped (3-5 business days) for $299.99

giddy up.
    08-21-08 10:27 AM
    can any one explain to me the difference between north american pricing of phones and europe. I keep seeing this price for bold from over the atlantic and if it was replicated over here I would never have had the bold.
    08-21-08 10:48 AM
    ckoolmike, did they mention why they took $300 off??
    08-21-08 11:10 AM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I called Robbers today and been a customer since March 08 only. I got 300 dollars off and got the phone shipped (3-5 business days) for $299.99

giddy up.
    I got stiffed with $399, but I guess it is better than paying the full price.
    08-21-08 11:27 AM
    399....Thts with the 3 year contract right...ill pass.whn ever ATT decides to get it and if there talkin crazy I'm a go some whr else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 01:56 PM
    $349 here. ($399 less $50 credit when we chose phone that was already in system)

I just phoned in, they said my upgrade was $549.00 but I could have it $399.

Wonder what I could have got if I argued?
    08-21-08 03:30 PM
    i just spoke with rogers as well. For some reason that defies logic i'm not eligible for an upgrade. i created this wireless account only 6 months ago but i already had a device so didn't take advantage of any discount at the time. I would have assumed the 12 month upgrade restriction would apply to people who had already got a subsidized device.

So, they want me to pay the almost $700 for the bold. Yeah right. I'll be at the store tomorrow to pick up an iphone 3g, on which everyone is eligible for the upgrade price. i would rather have stayed a BB user but it's just not worth $400 extra. Sucks, although not so bad because the more I think about it the iPhone is probably a bit more suited to my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by helmet112; 08-21-08 at 08:19 PM.
    08-21-08 08:13 PM
    wow!! what a shock! I know that when I called Rogers at Vaughan they told me they had the Bold. I have no intention on getting any, Im a Telus cust. but still wanted to see it and check it out. Im waiting patiently (tapping foot) for the thunder! hopefully 2more months! sorry about your troubles. im always amazed when ready things I don't know it if is just Telus or what, but even after a year they don't want to give an upgrade. i wanted my husband to upgrade to the Curve but they were gonna charge 349.99 so i said nope he will take my pink pearl i will go thunder!
    08-21-08 08:29 PM
    I got stiffed with $399, but I guess it is better than paying the full price.
    Me too, and I get corporate rate too! I called in my upgrade as I tried 2 stores near me, and neither received stock.

I'm thinking about selling the BOLD and getting something like a BNIB 8320 with wifi with any of the profit. All I really need is QWERTY & WiFi on a Berry. Rogers crippled the 8820's WiFi. Its only for Talkspot now.
    08-21-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD