There's been a lot of negativity lately, so I wanted to share something positive - about my 9930. This thing multi-tasks like nothing else. I'm playing "Fightin' Words" with two friends, texting/mms'ing with two other friends, emailing with my family, bbm'ing two OTHER friends and posting on crackberry. And it's not even breaking a sweat. I really love this "phone"!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 12:13 AM
    That hardly counts as multi-tasking as what the PlayBook does. Try making a video play continuously in the background while doing other stuff. The only other phone which I know can do this would be the Nokia N9.
    10-07-11 12:34 AM
    PlayBook is not a phone.

10-07-11 12:48 AM
    That hardly counts as multi-tasking as what the PlayBook does. Try making a video play continuously in the background while doing other stuff. The only other phone which I know can do this would be the Nokia N9.
    Hmmm, I wonder why so few devices allow videos to run in the background. Especially phones. I'd love to get some background Netflix action going while shooting off emails and checking my twitter feed. I know it wouldn't really be good for battery life or serve any real purpose. I also get that not allowing this is a way to dummy proof my device and help me, but I just don't like the feeling of being constricted, you know? That's for the sheep living with that herd mentality. Not me, man. It just feels so good to be able to do whatever you want just for the sake of telling others you can do it and they can't.
    10-07-11 01:05 AM
    PlayBook is not a phone.

So? Does that make multitasking on the PlayBook any less than what it is? What you're doing on your phone is just putting the active app on standby while you switch to another. If you said something like downloading and installing an app while watching a video, fine, because that makes sense. However I must add that doing that on a BB is just painful, since the spinning clock comes up every now and then while installing an app.

Don't get all your panties tied up in a bunch just because someone disagrees with you.
    10-07-11 01:40 AM
    i guess multitasking means doing more than 1 task simultaneously.

eg. watching a movie while texting/gaming etc.

just like how you can have a half screen movie on your pc and the other half word document.
    10-07-11 02:05 AM
    Hey ITG, easy there. The point of my post was more to the fact that while going back and forth between all of the things I listed, there was no pause, hiccup or flaw. It was fast and smooth.

With my 8530, there was NO WAY I could do all of that and not lock up.

10-07-11 08:54 AM
    Hey ITG, easy there. The point of my post was more to the fact that while going back and forth between all of the things I listed, there was no pause, hiccup or flaw. It was fast and smooth.

With my 8530, there was NO WAY I could do all of that and not lock up.

Fair enough, and I agree. I've played with the 9900 more than a couple of times and I must say that it is indeed smooth and fast almost all the time. I'm not saying that the 9900 is not capable of true multitasking either - in fact if you would open up the stopwatch app and let it run while switching out to memopad to hammer out a note, upon returning to the stopwatch you would have noticed that it continued to run in the background. Just wanted to point out what multitasking really is.
    10-07-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD