I am a little late getting to the wifi party - but now I get how good it is. Now that I'm on my home network, everything is so fast. My 3G connection was always good - way faster than on my pre-Bold blackberry - but this is even better.

And now I see that when I'm home, the Bold automatically connects to my wireless network, and when I leave home, it connects to the Rogers 3G network. So cool.

I'm just getting caught up to all you pros.

Here's my question: outside of the house, does my Bold always look for ANY viable, open wifi connection, and will it automatically connect to an open network if it finds it? Or just mine at home and 3G everywhere else?

Maybe the answer lies in my own settings, but it took me a month to get this far, so I thought I'd ask.
    10-27-08 06:01 PM
    Nope it won't. A secure network will need you to enter its password..any other network you will have to manually to. Some hotspots make you pay per use, like Starbucks. WiFi on bb is the same as at home.

Do you find your bb lags when wifi is on? Any data heavy page lags the jeepers out of mine and freezes it up so I turned it off.
    10-27-08 06:12 PM
    No lags and no freezes. But what's an example of a heavy data page? I can get on the regular non-mobile crackberry site quickly and easily.
    10-27-08 06:16 PM
    No lags and no freezes. But what's an example of a heavy data page? I can get on the regular non-mobile crackberry site quickly and easily.
    Yeah, the cb website runs fine but if I go to something with lots of pictures, I get the clock (hourglass on the old bb's) and it lags and lags and lags. It's really only if I download ANYTHING with more than a logo or a small picture lol.
    10-27-08 06:18 PM
    wifi is an epic failure for me. I can't do anything over wifi and I can't figure out why. I will get emails but i can't download attachments it just does nothing. As soon as i disable and use 3g I have no issues...
    10-27-08 06:19 PM
    wifi is an epic failure for me. I can't do anything over wifi and I can't figure out why. I will get emails but i can't download attachments it just does nothing. As soon as i disable and use 3g I have no issues...
    Mine just uber lags. It is really fast on something like cb, but anything with media is brutal.
    10-27-08 06:23 PM
    Just went to a site with 40 pictures from Apocalypse Now.... no lags or freezes. And they come to full size quickly when clicked on.

Really fast and smooth.
    10-27-08 06:23 PM
    Am on Youtube and all good.....
    10-27-08 06:25 PM
    Am on Youtube and all good.....
    What OS are you running? Maybe it just sucks to be me lol
    10-27-08 06:29 PM
    I'm sure we have the same OS - both in Canada and on Rogers. I've got .162.
    10-27-08 06:31 PM
    I'm running .168, I've had the same issue with .167 and .168.
    10-27-08 06:34 PM
    Bah, it just doesn't like me then.
    10-27-08 06:35 PM
    I'm running .168, I've had the same issue with .167 and .168.
    I'm waiting until Rogers releases a new OS officially. I'm a wussie.
    10-27-08 06:36 PM
    Hopefully this is just an OS issue and it will be ironed out soon. I'd hate for the WiFi on my (soon to have) Bold to be useless :/.
    10-27-08 06:36 PM
    I've heard lots of people say that they have switched back to .162 after trying .167 and .168. Not sure what the issues were though.
    10-27-08 06:37 PM
    I'm waiting until Rogers releases a new OS officially. I'm a wussie.
    Wussie! hehe
    10-27-08 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD