Hey guys, my 9780 white screened on me after 1 and a half years of use, brand new. So about 2 months later I finally got the replacement screen I ordered off Amazon. So I installed it and it works now but I have noticed that the screen res is terrible. It is noticeably different and shows pictures with slightly distorted/washed out colours. So I was wondering if anyone had any idea if this is normal. Or maybe if I am seeing things. I did not expect that there would be different types of screens with varying quality so I am not at all pleased with this new LCD one I bought.
    09-30-13 02:52 PM
    you bought a cheap junk lcd.
    09-30-13 03:03 PM
    you bought a cheap junk lcd.
    I would have thought they were all the same and the seller was listed as Blackberry themselves but I wouldn't be surprised RIM is just crap.
    09-30-13 05:51 PM
    It's quite hard to find an original lcd display screen for bold 3. Personally I had bought from 3 different supplier yet they all selling crap...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-01-13 07:26 AM
    It's quite hard to find an original lcd display screen for bold 3. Personally I had bought from 3 different supplier yet they all selling crap...
    Ugh sucks to be me then. Looking at my 1080p monitor and over to this is even more glaringly obvious. Guess I just have to get used to it until it's ready to die completely.
    10-01-13 12:36 PM
    It is one of the biggest headaches of the Amazon Marketplace. It is more "wild west" than EBay.

Anyone can offer to sell something on Amazon under the Blackberry brand name. But it is only when you look close do you find out who the real seller is. And far too many of those sellers just shift any old junk kit. (Batteries being another risky area)

Really sorry to hear you got stiffed. IMHO you should go back to your Amazon Account and look at the details for the sale. On there you will see who you *actually* bought it from. I would then report them to Amazon to help other people avoid the same trap. You can try posting in the comments, but I think they tend to delete comments about specific sellers.

Personally I have been scammed by people selling "official" holsters which turn out to be Chinese knock-off crud. In that case Amazon refunded me after I had a dispute with the seller. Most comical part was three months later the seller had the cheek of spamming me asking me to review the product. So I did. Hopefully my review helped to keep other purchasers away from their trash!!
    10-04-13 10:47 AM
    It is one of the biggest headaches of the Amazon Marketplace. It is more "wild west" than EBay.

Anyone can offer to sell something on Amazon under the Blackberry brand name. But it is only when you look close do you find out who the real seller is. And far too many of those sellers just shift any old junk kit. (Batteries being another risky area)

Really sorry to hear you got stiffed. IMHO you should go back to your Amazon Account and look at the details for the sale. On there you will see who you *actually* bought it from. I would then report them to Amazon to help other people avoid the same trap. You can try posting in the comments, but I think they tend to delete comments about specific sellers.

Personally I have been scammed by people selling "official" holsters which turn out to be Chinese knock-off crud. In that case Amazon refunded me after I had a dispute with the seller. Most comical part was three months later the seller had the cheek of spamming me asking me to review the product. So I did. Hopefully my review helped to keep other purchasers away from their trash!!
    Yea, thanks for the sympathy. I will definitely review it honestly and hope Amazon takes note of this bad practice. I wouldn't mind a refund but I won't gun for it because it at least worked.
    10-05-13 11:18 AM