Just picked it up! Got it out and plugged it in... Beautiful device.

Can someone walk me through everything I need to do in order to get switched over from my 8330? I searched and can't find exactly the process in order. Thanks.
    06-08-10 04:33 PM
    To activate your new phone, just dial *228 & select 1 & it'll activate your phone. Now go to Desktop Manager & select the switch device option, plug in your 8330 first, follow the instruction on the screen & then plug in your 9650 and all the info will be transferred over. Enjoy!
    06-08-10 04:39 PM
    to activate your new phone, you need to dial *611 from any Verizon phone besides the new Bold. First thing it will ask you is if you want to activate the new phone, and just hit yes. After the activation is done, pick up your Bold and dial *228 and hit option 1 to "program your phone" your all set then.

use desktop manager and select Device switch wizard and follow the on screen instuctions
    06-08-10 04:45 PM
    ok, 1 says dial from bold, other says from any other verizon phone... which is it? :-)

and since the cable are different for each when doing the switch device wizard - how does that work?
    06-08-10 04:50 PM
    *228 and follow the prompts will work it will ask you for the number you want to activate on this phone type in your number (make sure the old phone is off) then use DM to switch devices. Also make sure you go into the BIS and click change device.
    06-08-10 04:52 PM
    edited....^^ guy above me beat me to it...
    06-08-10 04:53 PM
    *228 and follow the prompts will work it will ask you for the number you want to activate on this phone type in your number (make sure the old phone is off) then use DM to switch devices. Also make sure you go into the BIS and click change device.
    I am on BES - still need to do the latter part about BIS
    06-08-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD