.. I have to ask.. where is the damn ^ symbol on this 9930? My Exchange password for work contains that character and I can't find it for the life of me on my new VZW 9930 .. (sigh) ..

Also - side note.. my 9650 ended up in the toilet (thanks to my 4 1/2 year old) and with this new 9930 I just activated it to the old number and restored from my last weeks backup using the desktop software/sync.. is that a valid option for getting my books, etc back on here? Seems to be working ok so far.. (shrug) ..

Thanks for any help
    Jeff
    08-26-11 02:05 PM
    Symbol button then the letter o

^^^^^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 02:06 PM
    It is in the "SYM" button that is below the "M" key. Once you press that, it's where "O" would be on a Qwerty Keyboard.

08-26-11 02:07 PM
    Beat me to it: sym key > O
    08-26-11 02:07 PM
    Symbol button then the letter o

^^^^^

Umm... that's blank.. actually.. ton of my symbol choices on 1/2 are blank.. weird huh?

Jeff
    08-26-11 02:09 PM
    Beat me to it: sym key > O
    Wait a second .. why the **** am I missing so many symbol choices when I hit the sym key on page 1 of 2? This is weird.. cripes..
    08-26-11 02:10 PM
    Wait a second .. why the **** am I missing so many symbol choices when I hit the sym key on page 1 of 2? This is weird.. cripes..
    That is weird. You may have to look into that. Possibly even reinstalling the OS.

08-26-11 02:28 PM
    That is weird. You may have to look into that. Possibly even reinstalling the OS.

Seems to be the fix for a lot of issues
    08-26-11 02:29 PM
    Seems to be the fix for a lot of issues
    Wow this is weird... when replying to any emails.. I hit sym and can see all symbols.. when I'm in email setup, and want to activate accounts and enter the passwords, and hit sym, I get only 20% on page 1 of them.. wtf is that all about.. Can anyone else reproduce this error or test that?

Jeff
    08-26-11 02:38 PM
    Wow this is weird... when replying to any emails.. I hit sym and can see all symbols.. when I'm in email setup, and want to activate accounts and enter the passwords, and hit sym, I get only 20% on page 1 of them.. wtf is that all about.. Can anyone else reproduce this error or test that?

Jeff
    I have seen that before where not all of the symbols are available. I tried signing into GTalk and Yahoo IM, inthe pasword field all the symbols are available.
    08-26-11 02:46 PM

Jeff
    You are not mad - at least not for this . I can reproduce!

Under email setup, while in the password field a large number of the symbols are not present.

Perhaps they assumed those characters are invalid for passwords....??

EDIT: They are present when I go into my Hotmail, but are missing under Gmail. Very strange.
    08-26-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD