Got a new bold on Amazon for $100. Thoughts or suggestion please. Thanks
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-18-17 08:47 AM
    Nice keyboard, nice display, nice weight, buy a nerdy original belt holder as when the phone is put inside it turns off the screen and on when it comes out and activate soon! I have a Bold 9900 but have yet to activate it with a dedicated BBS. However, the user interface is very nice. I do have a soft spot for my Curve 8900. The user interface is very "DOS" like!
    06-18-17 09:57 AM
    Check the stickies for tips and tricks. If you are not with Verizon, Google 'how to remove activation required'.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 10:03 AM
    I am on Big Red. I will check the stickies. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 11:19 AM
    Definitely post about BIS functionality. I'm going to buy one this week and get it out of my system. I am hopeful it will be fully operational on Verizon for work emails and calls and then put my 6s Plus on a data plan for dual carry to keep my music and apps. Something about that 9930 that I keep coming back to.
    06-18-17 10:29 PM
    Getting close to 6 years on my VZW 9930. It's still my primary carry for critical communications. BIS on Big Red is still flawless, so far.

Verizon recently engendered consternation over migrating all voice mail to some sort of "upgrade" but that was across the board and wasn't specific to BB in any way. In fact, it seemed far less of a problem for my 9930 than for friends & coworker's non BB stuff. Imo. Fwiw.

Traveling across North America, Verizon 9930 keeps me in contact far more reliably than my ATT Passport, for example. At least for the locales I frequent. There ARE occasionally some places where ATT gets thru and VZW doesn't , tho. Hence another motivation for dual carry.

All said, 9930 covers 99% of my voice, email, sms/mms, BBM critical communications. It's THE handset i grab 100% of the time. The "more modern" stuff tags along less frequently as an after thought fill in.
    ArbuckleWillis likes this.
    06-19-17 05:02 AM
    Getting close to 6 years on my VZW 9930. It's still my primary carry for critical communications. BIS on Big Red is still flawless, so far.

Verizon recently engendered consternation over migrating all voice mail to some sort of "upgrade" but that was across the board and wasn't specific to BB in any way. In fact, it seemed far less of a problem for my 9930 than for friends & coworker's non BB stuff. Imo. Fwiw.

Traveling across North America, Verizon 9930 keeps me in contact far more reliably than my ATT Passport, for example. At least for the locales I frequent. There ARE occasionally some places where ATT gets thru and VZW doesn't , tho. Hence another motivation for dual carry.

All said, 9930 covers 99% of my voice, email, sms/mms, BBM critical communications. It's THE handset i grab 100% of the time. The "more modern" stuff tags along less frequently as an after thought fill in.
    Hi,

I have questions for you.

I’m currently on Verizon Nationwide 450 with unlimited data plan (currently using it on iPhone SE), do you know if my plan will be able to use with BlackBerry 9930? Or I have to get new plan?

What plan do you have on your 9930 and how much does it cost (if you don’t mind sharing)?

I just ordered new in the box from eBay.

Please help me out, thanks,
    07-04-17 01:33 PM
    Hi,

I’m currently on Verizon Nationwide 450 with unlimited data plan (currently using it on iPhone SE), do you know if my plan will be able to use with BlackBerry 9930? Or I have to get new plan?

What plan do you have on your 9930 and how much does it cost (if you don’t mind sharing)?

I use it without a sim card no problem. i have an unlimited talk and text plan. I do not have an unlimited data plan. when i want to use my 9930 i shut off whatever other phone im using and dial *228 option 1 and activate it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    07-04-17 02:39 PM
    Thanks. @TheFlow78 How do you get email if you don’t have internet and BIS?
    07-04-17 03:37 PM
    Thanks. @TheFlow78 How do you get email if you don’t have internet and BIS?
    I do have internet and BIS so not sure. Im on a 16 gig verizon plan

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-04-17 03:59 PM
    Hi,

I believe my current plan is called "The Verizon Plan xxLarge 18GB". Unlimited talk & text and 18GB shared data. My monthly bill in January for 8 shared devices, all purchased myself, was about $258, no overage. Since then, I've added another Classic and another 9930 for a total of 10 shared devices, same plan, no overages, and my bill has been $241.75 since adding that newer 9930. I have no explanation for this decrease and have not invested time to question it. All ten phone numbers are still active. My failed Classic as not been functional since the week before I added the latest Classic but its number still behaves as activated so... idk. ???. I'm preserving that dead Classic's number until I get a chance to install a new battery and deactivate it properly. Or just keep it? Idk.

I can say that I've seen no problem with adding that last 9930. Its BIS started working seamlessly with no fuss. I'm still using the old battle damaged 9930 because of difficulty getting BeWeather registered to anything newer. . This old 99's usb & charge contact got damaged from a tumble from scaffolding. Lol. Keeping it powered thru battery swaps. . That's how much I like BeWeather! Don't get me started on Belshare, tho. Lol.

In short, i'd be really surprised to hear you had any particular difficulty swapping between your existing phone and 9930. Might be a delay while VZW catches up, tho. The way I read it, adding another line to unlimited should be another $20/m. I've detected no difference in BIS charge over the past several years. But then I can't explain the lower bill after adding two devices, in my case, so... fwiw.
    07-05-17 05:03 AM
    I believe my current plan is called "The Verizon Plan xxLarge 18GB". Unlimited talk & text and 18GB shared data. My monthly bill in January for 8 shared devices, all purchased myself, was about $258, no overage. Since then, I've added another Classic and another 9930 for a total of 10 shared devices, same plan, no overages, and my bill has been $241.75 since adding that newer 9930. I have no explanation for this decrease and have not invested time to question it. All ten phone numbers are still active. My failed Classic as not been functional since the week before I added the latest Classic but its number still behaves as activated so... idk. ???. I'm preserving that dead Classic's number until I get a chance to install a new battery and deactivate it properly. Or just keep it? Idk.

I can say that I've seen no problem with adding that last 9930. Its BIS started working seamlessly with no fuss. I'm still using the old battle damaged 9930 because of difficulty getting BeWeather registered to anything newer. . This old 99's usb & charge contact got damaged from a tumble from scaffolding. Lol. Keeping it powered thru battery swaps. . That's how much I like BeWeather! Don't get me started on Belshare, tho. Lol.

In short, i'd be really surprised to hear you had any particular difficulty swapping between your existing phone and 9930. Might be a delay while VZW catches up, tho. The way I read it, adding another line to unlimited should be another $20/m. I've detected no difference in BIS charge over the past several years. But then I can't explain the lower bill after adding two devices, in my case, so... fwiw.
    Thanks for sharing, I appreciated.

My plan is different from your plan. I have old Grandfathered Unlimited data and can not be share with other line.

My 9930 will be here this Thursday. Can’t wait to activate it on my account. I probably don’t want to activate it on my current line because it is 4G sim and the 9930 is 3G device, also I don’t want to loose my unlimited data it hard to come by these days.
    07-05-17 05:35 AM
    Thanks for sharing, I appreciated.

My plan is different from your plan. I have old Grandfathered Unlimited data and can not be share with other line.

My 9930 will be here this Thursday. Can’t wait to activate it on my account. I probably don’t want to activate it on my current line because it is 4G sim and the 9930 is 3G device, also I don’t want to loose my unlimited data it hard to come by these days.
    Not sure what your unlimited plan is costing but pretty sure I saw an "unlimited everything" at vzw website, just last week.?? Didn't read the fine print but did notice it could be shared among 10 devices at $20 additional for each bring your own device... clicking on 10 devices popped up $300 even, as I recall. Since that's higher than what I'm paying, I quickly lost interest and moved to more pressing things. Might be worth stopping in to a VZW store, or calling them?? Seems like everytime I talk to a rep, they say: "I can save you money with a newer program...". I'm usually skeptical of such pitches but must say that they have, in fact, saved me money. Fwiw.

On the other hand, BIS sips data SO efficiently, I RARELY hit 1GB/month on my BIS stuff. Despite ALL of tune-in radio and a LOT of youtubes and videos on 99. Without non-bis stuff, i'd feel well covered with a much cheaper 2GB plan. Imo. Fwiw. even if they charge BIS fees (can't tell they're charging me) i'd consider it money ahead for its data compression. Imo.
    07-05-17 07:56 AM
    Not sure what your unlimited plan is costing but pretty sure I saw an "unlimited everything" at vzw website, just last week.?? Didn't read the fine print but did notice it could be shared among 10 devices at $20 additional for each bring your own device... clicking on 10 devices popped up $300 even, as I recall. Since that's higher than what I'm paying, I quickly lost interest and moved to more pressing things. Might be worth stopping in to a VZW store, or calling them?? Seems like everytime I talk to a rep, they say: "I can save you money with a newer program...". I'm usually skeptical of such pitches but must say that they have, in fact, saved me money. Fwiw.

On the other hand, BIS sips data SO efficiently, I RARELY hit 1GB/month on my BIS stuff. Despite ALL of tune-in radio and a LOT of youtubes and videos on 99. Without non-bis stuff, i'd feel well covered with a much cheaper 2GB plan. Imo. Fwiw. even if they charge BIS fees (can't tell they're charging me) i'd consider it money ahead for its data compression. Imo.
    My Grandfathered unlimited data with 450 minutes cost me $60 after tax included 25% discount. This old unlimited data is better than the new unlimited data which might slow you down after 22gb and also cost $85 before tax and fees.
    07-05-17 08:19 AM
    A testament to buying your phones outright. That same plan under modern lease programs and the "latest and greatest" slabs would cost $550/month. Think I'm going to try to get BIS activated on my 9930 one more time. Perhaps I need to talk to a Tier 2 tech who knows how to get things done instead of fluff pleasantries while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

The new VZW unlimited plan only make sense if you have multiple lines sharing the data. There are other fine print items to look for. For example, the $10 data only lines now cost $20 Otherwise the grandfathered plans usually beat out.

 C L A S S I C • SQC100-3/10.3.3.2205 on Verizon
    07-05-17 10:14 AM
    Just received this still sealed in the box. Feels like Christmas. Excellent customer service from eBargains on eBay. Will post later on the activation process with Verizon.
    idssteve likes this.
    07-05-17 02:13 PM
    Cool! What OS version? Looks like you have a PC so 1066 is within grasp... .

I see also that you have an HP RPN calc... Sad to report that Lygea emulator no longer activates on 99s. Still works fine on existing activations, tho. Another reason I'm sticking with my old battle damaged 9930. Any luck finding a 99 compatible RPN?
    07-05-17 03:07 PM
    Just received this still sealed in the box. Feels like Christmas. Excellent customer service from eBargains on eBay. Will post later on the activation process with Verizon.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bda076143b.jpg
    Nice... my 9930 shipped today and it should be here tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Hey can you ask Verizon Rep, what plan is compatible with BIS?

Thanks.
    07-05-17 03:59 PM
    i didnt know what BIS was a couple weeks ago. It just works lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    07-05-17 05:51 PM
    Wow what a pain in the butt. Will definitely post all the steps when I'm done. Beautiful little device. The one Tier 2 tech at Verizon that knew what he was talking about got a good laugh out of my call. Stay tuned...
    07-05-17 08:18 PM
    Wow what a pain in the butt. Will definitely post all the steps when I'm done. Beautiful little device. The one Tier 2 tech at Verizon that knew what he was talking about got a good laugh out of my call. Stay tuned...
    Hmm... what sort of troubles are you having? Ten minutes at "My Verizon" website added a line and my latest 9930, a few months ago... too uneventful to recall much about it, tho... fwiw. Just fed in the number and flew. Never had to mention BIS. It just started working. Similarly simple with adding a Classic, a month before. Didn't talk to anyone either time. Have you tried "My Verizon"??

Last time I had to call Verizon tech was setting up an embedded 3G WWAN in a Toughbook... THAT was laughably tough! Lol. But flawless since.
    07-05-17 09:33 PM
    Hmm... what sort of troubles are you having? Ten minutes at "My Verizon" website added a line and my latest 9930, a few months ago... too uneventful to recall much about it, tho... fwiw. Just fed in the number and flew. Never had to mention BIS. It just started working. Similarly simple with adding a Classic, a month before. Didn't talk to anyone either time. Have you tried "My Verizon"??

Last time I had to call Verizon tech was setting up an embedded 3G WWAN in a Toughbook... THAT was laughably tough! Lol. But flawless since.
    Are you using AstraSync to wirelessly sync your calendar and contacts?
    I started making progress when the VZ rep told me to go into options>device>advanced>host routing table then menu>Register Now
    07-05-17 10:46 PM
    Cool! What OS version? Looks like you have a PC so 1066 is within grasp... .

I see also that you have an HP RPN calc... Sad to report that Lygea emulator no longer activates on 99s. Still works fine on existing activations, tho. Another reason I'm sticking with my old battle damaged 9930. Any luck finding a 99 compatible RPN?
    Nothing no like reverse Polish notation for those quick calculations. This Bold is on OS7. Setup has not been seamless but still working on it. Beautiful little device. Great keyboard.
    07-05-17 11:18 PM
    Where you able to activate it with Verizon?
    07-07-17 03:35 PM
    Sorry for the delay in posting. Yes BIS is alive and well with big red Verizon. You have to register the 9930 for it to activate.
    Go to Options>Device>Advanced>Host Routing Table then Menu>Register Now.
    I learned that your Calendar, Tasks and Memos will not wirelessly sync with BIS like it once did with BES.
    It really is a beautiful device and it's a shame (like you already know) that RIM could not continue to update this model.
    Loud and clear calls and easy typing.
    You can try AstraSync as a third party workaround for syncing more folders like tasks and calendars. It's $49 a year and you get 10% off with coupon code CB2017.
    I could not get Visual Voicemail to work despite contacting tech support on *611.
    Too bad the Passport cannot work on Verizon. That's a killer upgrade from the 9930 if you're okay with the bigger size.
    So there it is. I got it out of my system. The Blackberry hobby/journey continues.
    07-09-17 09:31 PM
26 12