Hey guys,

Just loaded a bunch of music on the Bold, and it is skipping, cutting in and out for a split second every ten seconds or so.

I did some research on here, and people claim that it is because of the radio getting signal from towers. However, when I disable all connections, and did a restart, the music player continues to skip. Sometimes, there is a bar at the bottom of the screen displaying "scanning." Not sure if that may be part of the culprit.

I'm a little disappointed right now, because the music player interface is great(I like this better as much as the ipod), and I thought the Blackberry will be my all in one device.

Anyone else having/had the same problem I am having?

Thanks for any suggestion!
    10-07-08 10:21 AM
    Hmm. Do you have an 8G card or 16G?
    10-07-08 10:23 AM
    Has the scanning process completed? With that much music it will take a while to scan all of the music. It will also depend on what spec/type card you have.
    10-07-08 10:24 AM
    OK first question is what class is the card??

And first suggestion (which I read on here) is to format the card from the blackberry when you get it so it's formatted by a blackberry for a blackberry

There is a lot of trouble with mem cards on the forum at the moment, I cancelled my 16gb for this reason.
    10-07-08 10:24 AM
    Hey guys,

Thank you for the advice!

It is a 8gb Class four card, I couldn't find a class 6 micro SD in Hong Kong.

The stuttering has now stopped(an hour or so from the music transfer), I guess the stuttering came from the scanning of songs. Also, I've turned signal connections(3g+wifi) back on and it is still playing smoothly.

I'm very happy now! Now I'm just waiting for the 16gb card prices to drop, I still want to fit more music on the Bold.

Thanks again.
    10-07-08 11:00 AM
    good stuff chief!
    10-07-08 11:03 AM
    Well done OP you have restored my faith in a large mem stick

Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 11:26 AM
    Yeah, this temporary issue was noted when people bought the first 4gb microSDHC cards and used them on the Curve.

Just make sure all your music is properly id3 tagged (using something like mp3tag) and leave the BB alone until it is done indexing the music.
    10-07-08 11:47 AM
    What the heck is id3 tagged? I wanna get a card and put music on, got tons on my zune now...can I just drag and drop? Worked on my old lg

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 01:04 PM
    This is what they are: ID3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is how you make sure yours are correct: Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v1, ID3v2, APEv2)
    10-07-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD