it was brand new and branded at&t. i bought an unlock code for a company and received it in 3 mins and it worked. my boy who sells phones sent me one for free so bye bye 8320. Now i have an at&t branded bold for TMOBILE.

Figured Id write my experience for the other people planning on doing this. After unlocking I ran switch device wizard and got everything transfered over to the bold and it worked perfectly. I then from tmobile.com went to setup internet email and went to change device and entered my pin and imei number. I then resent service books and registered host routing table and all my emails came in!! all of that is setup perfectly. I set tcp to wap.voicestream.com. I had to goto facebook.com from the browser and get the facebook app, that seems diff for the bold and much better with more features. I downloaded the beejive 1.1.2 beta with facebook IM for OS 4.6 and it works perfect. My 8gig microsd card popped it in the side of the device and it was found and is working 100% normal. My blackberry messenger was instantly working and the bold has alot more smilies with is always cool

So to summarize my bold is working perfectly on tmobile, the only feature I do not have is UMA now which I believe is normal. But wifi is functioning fine.

Now I guess I will upgrade to OS .266 which seems like the good thing to do. Any noticeable differences with that version? Im guessing that will unbroad the at&t worldphone load up screen? He also sent me a bold holster by blackberry for my belt which is real sick, not sure if that comes standard? But its exactly what I would have bought.

This guy is a great friend

Anything anyone here can tell me about the bold for tmobile I may not know?

I love this device, the screen is awesome. I guess its better than the curve 8900?? Thats what I would have bought. Any chance 3G will ever function on tmobile with this device?

Thanks guys. add me to BBM if you ever need help or want to chat. Im an advanced user with OS upgrades as well, just havent posted here in awhile.

JV
    05-09-09 08:18 PM
    No thoughts??
    05-09-09 11:15 PM
    UMTS/3G will NOT function on the bold on T-mobile. They use 1700mhz frequency... this is not on the Bold.
    05-09-09 11:23 PM
    i don't think tmobile will get 3g to work on its network. os.266 has been stable so far. no issues for me.
    05-09-09 11:25 PM
    Wow its that easy to make it work. I was thinking of picking up a curve and unlocking it for AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 11:36 PM
    jeff....att's website is showing the cure 8320 available now..... you must be talking about the 8900. i dont know if id have that over the bold tho.
    05-10-09 12:06 AM
    The Bold is a great device but if you can't use 3G and or UMA the 8900 is better choice. Smaller too.
    05-10-09 12:09 AM
    No thoughts??
    What on God's green earth made you think TMobile was the better provider?
    TMobile is on the verge of a meltdown, I don't think you made the wise choice of providers.
    05-11-09 09:26 AM
    The Bold is a great device but if you can't use 3G and or UMA the 8900 is better choice. Smaller too.

personally i think for me, even if everything was the same, i would still pick the bold because of it's better keyboard. besides doesn't the bold have a faster processor as well?
    05-11-09 09:35 AM
    Yes it does have a better processor but the curve is smaller, has a better camera and twice the free space.

Let's not turn this into a Curve vs Bold thing though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 10:21 AM
    Cool, congrats, in the last two weeks I went from an unlocked storm > javelin > unlocked bold, actually just got the bold last night and its been my favorite so far out of the three. I'm running .266 and so far its been great.
    05-12-09 06:17 AM
    Smaller is not an advantage to me. The Bold fits in all my pockets and I have big hands that fit the phone better. Plus I HATE the click of the Curve's keys. I can use my Bold in bed without keeping my wife up. I can NOT do that with a Curve!

So even before you add 3G and better speed into the equation the Bold is the clear winner for me, though I do envy that extra memory!
    05-12-09 06:40 AM
    hello,

i am new here. i just bought a bold, unlocked and love it. i wanted to upgrade the OS because it is running 4.0. is there anything i should know? which OS should i pick because i think it is browser based?

thanks for reading this and helping!
    06-29-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD