So I was just in the Futureshop in Kanata to buy my Bold when I got home and opened it up I noticed it didn't have Rogers Branding but it said Moviestar at the bottom. I found that odd so I hit the google...apparently "Moviestar" is a GSM carrier in Chile. I'm trying to get a hold of Futureshop to see what the **** is going on.
    08-22-08 05:24 PM
    Oh my goodness! I'd be mad. But, does it work? I'm guessing its unlocked, too, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 05:36 PM
    lol that is the freakiest thing ive ever heard
    08-22-08 05:57 PM
    lol thats crazy!!!
    08-22-08 05:58 PM
    lol damn thats odd.
    08-22-08 06:05 PM
    It must be a sign. Can you act?
    08-22-08 06:18 PM
    haha no so turns out I called a Future Shop on the East end and buddy had one opened it up and it said Rogers. I do plan to unlock it but the moviestar font was kinda lame looking(not that I love Rogers). So I brought it back, got my refund drove across the city to the other one (Ogylvie Rd.) and they had 2.

So I'm looking around at the Bold waiting for someone to help me and I notice the price on the display said $599 Take Home. Finally someone comes over and I picked up the Bold and said whats the $599 price? She replies "It says $649.99 in the system but if thats what it's advertised at that what your paying! Swwweeet! So I payed the same as you guys who purchased online in the end and I didn't have to wait the "Estimated" 3-5 days.

Hopefully you Ottawa folks check out that Future Shop first even though their out right now cause just to see if the price changes.

Cheers
    08-22-08 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD