Hello.

Thought I'd update, just got my first BB today, a 9900, I'm in love with it hehe. I like everything about it. Just thought I'd update for those that were helping me

Only problem is the battery life ain't that great,so any tips much appreiciated!
    deezy87 likes this.
    05-24-13 11:45 AM
    That was one of my favorite phones. I'm using a Z10 now and because of my great experience with my 9900 it makes me quite interested in the Q10.

Your right about the battery not being the greatest. I always recommend buying a spare battery and charger, my favorite accessories!

here is a decent post a with a few tips for you. 10 Top Blackberry Battery Saving Tips - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    GlamGemini, Legal Eagle and fryk like this.
    05-24-13 11:52 AM
    Thank you!!

I'm like what did I do without it?

I love the look of the Q10 but they bit too expensive for me at the moment.
    05-24-13 12:05 PM
    Thank you!!

I'm like what did I do without it?

I love the look of the Q10 but they bit too expensive for me at the moment.
    I'm firmly of the view that at the moment the 9900 is the better phone, mature OS that works very well with some features that haven't been passed over to BB10 yet.

Q10 is at the start of a big learning curve in terms of the OS, 12 months time and I may jump ship depending whether or not BB is still releasing new OS updates for the 9900, but for now the 9900 rocks.

I can't imagine using a BB with no trackpad and back buttons etc.
    05-24-13 12:09 PM
    I'm firmly of the view that at the moment the 9900 is the better phone, mature OS that works very well with some features that haven't been passed over to BB10 yet.

Q10 is at the start of a big learning curve in terms of the OS, 12 months time and I may jump ship depending whether or not BB is still releasing new OS updates for the 9900, but for now the 9900 rocks.

Yes I think the same, its all so new with BB10 and it needs a while to sort out and get everything all good. Then I might think about it.

But for now 9900 is brilliant, might even get a back up one at some point lol
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-24-13 12:14 PM
    Also what do I do about BlackBerry ID?

Went to set it up where it needs an email etc, do I just use an email I've already got? Or does it need to be a new one set up on the BlackBerry? Am new to all this so not sure.
    05-24-13 12:16 PM
    Also what do I do about BlackBerry ID?

Went to set it up where it needs an email etc, do I just use an email I've already got? Or does it need to be a new one set up on the BlackBerry? Am new to all this so not sure.
    If you don't have a BlackBerry ID then you will need to sign up for one. It's mainly for BlackBerry World app purchases and contacts, so if you change devices your ID will bring everything with you. You can do it on a computer if you are having issues with the phone doing it, it's a piece of cake! You can use any email you wish, but if you don't have an ID yet then yo need to create an account for one.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-24-13 12:21 PM
    Also I'm curious as I think mine hasn't got the Automatic Volume Control thingy on?
    Where is it? And why hasn't it got it on? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    05-24-13 02:14 PM
    Also I'm curious as I think mine hasn't got the Automatic Volume Control thingy on?
    Where is it? And why hasn't it got it on? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
    If all you need to do is go from a current phone profile (ie: medium volume) to vibrate - while in the home screen simply press and hold the "Q" key and your profile will switch to one or the other.

Although I've never found the battery to be bad you can improve the life slightly by doing a couple of things:

1. Keep Bluetooth off unless required.
    2. Turn off H+/4G in your cell radio settings.

The 9900 is an excellent phone. I placed mine up against a Q10 back to back then side to side. There's barely more screen real estate on a Q10 and they are approximately the same dimensions otherwise. If you're happy with the OS and features on the 9900 then you should be happy for at least a couple more BB10 generations.

I own a Z10 but honestly I break out the 9900 more and more these days because I miss the functionality. The power of the 9900 should not be underestimated.
    05-24-13 02:39 PM

Well said Legal. I couldn't agree with you more.
    fryk, howards, GlamGemini and 1 others like this.
    05-24-13 04:59 PM
    +1 Legal. No matter what phone I swap to over the past 6 months I always come back to the 9900. Best BB by a far.
    05-25-13 01:25 AM
    Hello.

Thought I'd update, just got my first BB today, a 9900, I'm in love with it hehe. I like everything about it. Just thought I'd update for those that were helping me

Only problem is the battery life ain't that great,so any tips much appreiciated!
    turn the brightness to 10 and keep it on 2G
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-25-13 03:18 PM
    After playing around with the Z10, I've decided I don't really like it and I'm leaning towards picking up a 9900 as a backup device. One thing, though: one of the major pains I didn't like when I had the 9780 was that I had to pay extra for BES to get my exchange mail. I know that with the BBOS 10 devices it's not needed, but now that I have hosted Exchange mail through Office 365, am I back in the same boat of having to pay an extra fee to get mail from it?
    05-26-13 04:47 AM
    I'm firmly of the view that at the moment the 9900 is the better phone FOR SOME USERS...
    Fixed that for you. Agreed, not all features have made their way to the new platform, and some may not make it over at all. For some users, that's a significant issue, but it isn't for everyone.

For me, I found many benefits to the Z10 that fairly easily outweighed the 9900, but I've also advised some users to stay with their "old school" BBs if they needed certain specific elements.
    05-26-13 04:52 AM
    After playing around with the Z10, I've decided I don't really like it and I'm leaning towards picking up a 9900 as a backup device. One thing, though: one of the major pains I didn't like when I had the 9780 was that I had to pay extra for BES to get my exchange mail. I know that with the BBOS 10 devices it's not needed, but now that I have hosted Exchange mail through Office 365, am I back in the same boat of having to pay an extra fee to get mail from it?
    There are providers who can supply BES services for Office 365 but, yes, you're looking at additional $$$
    05-26-13 04:54 AM
    There are providers who can supply BES services for Office 365 but, yes, you're looking at additional $$$
    That's what I thought. Then nothing's changed with the legacy devices, then. Oh, well.

Thanks for the quick response.
    05-26-13 05:05 AM
    Just curious what took you so long, you made your first post 16th of december 2012 140 to be exact and it's just now you have your first BB
    05-26-13 05:24 AM
    Just curious what took you so long, you made your first post 16th of december 2012 140 to be exact and it's just now you have your first BB
    Ah well long story
    I did in fact get a refurbished 9780 at the beginning of January, had it for a little bit, had a few problems with it, couldn't hear properly on it with my hearing aids, then sold it to my boyfriend who loves it. Then we have had some issues with changing mobile phone providers, then sorted that out. Soon as that was sorted with Virgin mobile, I got my BB straight away.
    05-26-13 08:38 AM
    +1 Legal. No matter what phone I swap to over the past 6 months I always come back to the 9900. Best BB by a far.
    I broke my 9930 around September and went to an Android phone. Then I traded it for a slightly smaller android phone as it was just too big for me. Now I have a 9930 again as of yesterday. Dang I missed it! Now I'm getting an iGrip mount for my car for my Playbook that I've had for over 2 years and I'm going to be bridging my way down the road in style.

It feels so good to be back.
    howards likes this.
    05-26-13 10:50 PM
    Fixed that for you. Agreed, not all features have made their way to the new platform, and some may not make it over at all. For some users, that's a significant issue, but it isn't for everyone.

For me, I found many benefits to the Z10 that fairly easily outweighed the 9900, but I've also advised some users to stay with their "old school" BBs if they needed certain specific elements.
    Those same users might as well go with Android or iPhone, the thing is with all the stuff OS10 is missing/lacking, 9900 is best for Blackberry users, Z10 is OK if you just want the name "Blackberry" but nothing else, or if you want that super awesome mega fantastic incredible (running out of words here) on-screen keyboard that dare I say beats the physical keyboard on anything else I ever owned...

On anything else, I felt like I upgraded from 9700 to Z10, returned it and Upgraded to 9900.

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    thantaiboha likes this.
    05-27-13 07:06 PM
    I'm in agreement about the lack of trackpad and back button. I think they are great features lacking form the Q10.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    05-27-13 07:16 PM
    Is there an app that will read Microsoft Office documents on the 9900? I need that for work. Also, what about Adobe Acrobat? I did a search through BlackBerry World, but I wanted to make sure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
    05-27-13 08:52 PM
    Is there an app that will read Microsoft Office documents on the 9900? I need that for work. Also, what about Adobe Acrobat? I did a search through BlackBerry World, but I wanted to make sure.

9900 comes with premium version of DocsToGo. Excellent tool that lets you not only read but edit stuff like word, excel and the suite included pdf reader as well.
    Even if your version of 9900 does not come with docstogo, it has native pdf and excel/doc viewer when the file arrives as attachment.
    05-27-13 11:32 PM
    9900 comes with premium version of DocsToGo. Excellent tool that lets you not only read but edit stuff like word, excel and the suite included pdf reader as well.
    Even if your version of 9900 does not come with docstogo, it has native pdf and excel/doc viewer when the file arrives as attachment.
    That's good to know. I've been away for a few years now, had a Torch 9800 last,because of my dissatisfaction with BB's glacial app growth and ended up going to the iPhone, which was fine for awhile until I got sick of their restrictions and lack of a real file management system.

I like the android device I'm using but I miss the security of the BB, so I've been looking for a reason to come back. Don't like the Z10, plus there are almost no apps for me to use. Leaning strongly toward the Bold 9900, but only if I can get a decent compliment of apps to use for work productivity, otherwise what's the point? I need Word, Excel, PowerPoint support-editing, reading & creating-- and Acrobat file support, mainly.

I still have a 64GB Playbook I won when they came out, and I really don't have to have the latest and greatest, just something that I can use to maintain my productivity.

Another sticking point that I'll have to consider is having (once again) to pay an extra $45/month for BES access. That was something that always annoyed me. I know I can get my Exchange mail without BES on the Z10 and Q10 (I think?), but I'm just now that fond of OS10.

What to do? I want to come back, but it seems like a lot of hurdles to navigate, unless I'm wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong on this.

05-27-13 11:55 PM

Document2Go and PDF2Go are exactly what you need
    05-28-13 05:14 AM
26 12