Hey guys, just got a bold . Wondering about what i should do first? upgrade firmwares and stuff? And what programs are good/must have?
    06-27-09 01:42 AM
    I go my bold just over a week ago and I love Pandora and twitterberry, but I know everyone is different. I switched from a curve to an iPhone and just switched back to a Bold. so glad I did. love the bold. I also downloaded dvdtogo and it works great. not sure what kind of crackberry user you are but those are my apps that I love. enjoy the new BB.
    06-27-09 02:00 AM
    If its your first bb I would take your time in getting to know it before you go off and do a bunch of crazy stuff. Read the 101 lectures here in CB.com. Another good read would checking the shortcuts thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 02:09 AM
    First of all, upgrade to .247, best OS, hands down. If you're on ATT, debrand. You should get autostandby and opera mini for faster internet

06-27-09 02:09 AM
    go to this link..enjoy your bold :-)

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/jus...d-first-90965/
    06-27-09 02:14 AM
    First of all, upgrade to .247, best OS, hands down. If you're on ATT, debrand. You should get autostandby and opera mini for faster internet

Where can I get the autostandby program...is it free?

06-27-09 05:23 AM
    Where can I get the autostandby program...is it free?

In Crackberry's App store $5.95
    AutoStandby - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

It may be available thru App world also.
    06-27-09 09:14 AM
    I suggest waiting a few weeks as far as upgrades and get to know your device, and in the meantime, read up on how the process works and what to do if you run into issues.

If you're a twitter user, Ubber twitter is a good app for that.
    You can get all of your questions answered here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php?do=process

or here

https://hookedontronyx.com/index.html
    06-27-09 09:19 AM
    Just by curiosity. The autostandby app, doesn't it come bundled to your BB? I already have that fonctionnality but I've never purchased that app. I wonder if that is a Vodafone thing.

Anyway, I got myself a new Bold few days back and I am having whole lot of fun with new acquisition. I haven't really git new apps to go since I believe the standard apps are quite good by themselves. Well, if you're planning to use ur BB as it is meant to be used (BES), then u will have no problem but if you are a BIS user, then get yourself few google apps including Sync.

BTW, congrats for ur Bold
    Last edited by noxdiurna; 06-27-09 at 09:33 AM.
    06-27-09 09:29 AM
    Things I would do within the next few weeks:

upgrade os to .247 or higher
    get some must have apps like autostandby and quicklaunch maybe berrybuzz
    get a screen protector
    get a memory card
    06-27-09 09:31 AM
    thanks alot guys. just one quick questions. whats bes and whats bis?
    06-27-09 12:09 PM
    If you have apersonal BB than your on BIS. That is blackberry's internet and data service. BES is the enterprise service if you have a corporate berry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

06-27-09 12:14 PM
    You should get Opera Mini. I love it on my 8310.
    06-27-09 01:36 PM
    congrats! i hope to get one or the onyx very soon!
    06-27-09 02:20 PM
    Google maps and BBweather are must-have apps IMO.
    06-27-09 04:21 PM
    If you have apersonal BB than your on BIS. That is blackberry's internet and data service. BES is the enterprise service if you have a corporate berry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, you've got it right- BIS= Blackberry Internet Server (personal) BES= Blackberry Enterprise Server (corporate)

06-27-09 06:07 PM
    sweet thanks.
    06-27-09 06:57 PM
    Hey guys, just got a bold . Wondering about what i should do first? upgrade firmwares and stuff? And what programs are good/must have?
    I would leave it At&t locked but would make a beeline to OS .282. Very nice build.
    06-27-09 10:03 PM
    i just unlocked it. its rogers branded. can i still install the .282?
    06-27-09 10:03 PM
    i just unlocked it. its rogers branded. can i still install the .282?
    Absolutely! Make sure to delete the vendor.xml file.
    06-27-09 10:18 PM
    ahh ok, thanks alot. ill do that now
    thanks alot
    06-27-09 10:47 PM
    Just by curiosity. The autostandby app, doesn't it come bundled to your BB? I already have that fonctionnality but I've never purchased that app. I wonder if that is a Vodafone thing.

Anyway, I got myself a new Bold few days back and I am having whole lot of fun with new acquisition. I haven't really git new apps to go since I believe the standard apps are quite good by themselves. Well, if you're planning to use ur BB as it is meant to be used (BES), then u will have no problem but if you are a BIS user, then get yourself few google apps including Sync.

BTW, congrats for ur Bold
    I don't have the autostandby program. Have an unlocked and unbranded phone.

I think it would be useful but 5.95 is too steep for me, well actually I am too cheap for it.

06-27-09 11:44 PM
    thanks guys, installed 282 and it feels alot snappier
    06-27-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD