Hello guys i just got my blackberry bold because i was so tired of the buggy storm, didn't like the 8900 (no 3G!?? what lol) and i heard this phone was awesome. Soooooooo is there anything i should know or what is the best current O.S?
    06-26-09 07:45 AM
    Congrats, It will serve you well I am sure of it
    06-26-09 07:52 AM
    As far as stable OS's, it's almost a crap shoot. What works for some, doesn't work for others. If you are in a poor 3G reception area, I might opt for .282 as it allows AT&T customers (finally) to drop down to EDGE (2g) only connections to prevent the flip flopping back and forth (preserves batt life). If your 3G is strong and you have no desire to drop down to 2G only (or if you are running an unbranded phone or unlocked non-AT&T brand phone), then I'd say .247 or .266 are your best bets.
    06-26-09 08:09 AM
    well apple im in a strong 3G area and i am currently downloading 5.0, cause i put it on my girlfriends 8900 and it runs fine so hopefully this isn't a mistake
    06-26-09 08:10 AM
    I did the same thing as you spooner, I ditched the storm and got the bold for me and the lady...couldnt be happier. Letstalk had them for free with new activation so I couldnt resist.
    06-26-09 08:53 AM
    You will surely enjoy your phone!
    06-26-09 08:57 AM
    Its a great phone...congrats...I am using .266 on an unlocked & unbranded phone and its pretty stable. I am not yet convinced of upgrading to .282

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 09:04 AM
    I'm sure you'll love it!! I love mine
    06-26-09 09:04 AM
    I did the same thing as you spooner, I ditched the storm and got the bold for me and the lady...couldnt be happier. Letstalk had them for free with new activation so I couldnt resist.
    yep my lady has the 8900 and once she got that i needed the bold, i wanted the onyx but dont wanna wait
    06-26-09 09:25 AM
    I learned from my mistakes buying a phone as soon as it comes out....I will let the crackberry nation be my guinea pigs from now on and gauge their responses to each phone that comes out. The strom was plain and simply not the phone for me.
    06-26-09 09:46 AM
    Congrats on your bold.. Welcome to the forum.

06-26-09 09:56 AM
    I just got the Bold on ATT and am thinking of returning it and waiting for the Onyx. I seem to be having problems with the device's flash memory. It is constantly between 10-30mb of application memory left and it decreases over time--and this is after I deleted a bunch of stuff. When I pull the battery out it goes up to 40 or so. I have only a couple apps on it, too! Last night I was on the phone and it got down so low the device crashed and rebooted itself. I just don't think I should have to deal with leaky memory issues. I close programs the right way and have read the memory tutorials. I love the device (my first blackberry), but think maybe I should wait for the Onyx so I can actually put some apps on it.
    06-26-09 10:15 AM
    Enjoy your new Bold

06-26-09 10:17 AM
    I just got the Bold on ATT and am thinking of returning it and waiting for the Onyx. I seem to be having problems with the device's flash memory. It is constantly between 10-30mb of application memory left and it decreases over time--and this is after I deleted a bunch of stuff. When I pull the battery out it goes up to 40 or so. I have only a couple apps on it, too! Last night I was on the phone and it got down so low the device crashed and rebooted itself. I just don't think I should have to deal with leaky memory issues. I close programs the right way and have read the memory tutorials. I love the device (my first blackberry), but think maybe I should wait for the Onyx so I can actually put some apps on it.
    I waited for the storm when i was on Verizon and i was very disappointed, it was buggy, laggy, and wasn't all that good. i am probably one of the few people that liked the click in screen though. i actually loved it. i have had a curve, storm, played with my girlfriends 8900 and have a bold now. the bold is amazingly fast and i haven't had any problems at all. I think the onyx will be very good but buggy for awhile but that's just my opinion
    06-26-09 10:21 AM
    I waited for the storm when i was on Verizon and i was very disappointed, it was buggy, laggy, and wasn't all that good. i am probably one of the few people that liked the click in screen though. i actually loved it. i have had a curve, storm, played with my girlfriends 8900 and have a bold now. the bold is amazingly fast and i haven't had any problems at all. I think the onyx will be very good but buggy for awhile but that's just my opinion
    I have 30 days to try it out--I'm going to decide whether to keep it in a couple weeks. I do absolutely love it; its gorgeous--everything I've ever wanted in the phone. But with 20-30 mb of app memory that will delete my emails and texts if it runs out, I think waiting until one that has 256 rather than 128 might be a good idea.
    06-26-09 10:31 AM
    I have 30 days to try it out--I'm going to decide whether to keep it in a couple weeks. I do absolutely love it; its gorgeous--everything I've ever wanted in the phone. But with 20-30 mb of app memory that will delete my emails and texts if it runs out, I think waiting until one that has 256 rather than 128 might be a good idea.
    yeah thats true. the bold is to beautiful, though. the onyx will lag...its ugly too
    06-26-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD