Thank you!!
    I so want one of these, keep toying with idea of 9320. but my heart really lies with the 9990 I think. Am just keep looking out for a decent refurb one, exciting!! Also this will be my first BB!
    Go with your heart girl !!!

The 9900 is a Rolls Royce, the 9320 is a Hatchback.

I think from your carrier you are in the UK, Google is you friend, unlocked refurbed 9900's can be got for around �170.00 from suppliers so you don't have to risk e.bay etc

One example for you

http://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/bl...-sim-free.html

Hope that you can find something in your price range.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 05-02-13 at 11:34 AM.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-02-13 11:21 AM
    Congrats!!

I really really want one of these!! I'm holding out for a refurb one, as they are more in my budget at the moment. So nice to hear you're enjoying the phone!! The only things I'm worried about are battery life and how loud it is during calls, as I need it loud as i'm hearing impaired. Also, does it take a normal SIM?

Thank you muchly if you answer my questions, much appreicated. I'm torn between 9990 and 9320, but think the 9990 will win if I can get a refurb one xx
    yes just normal sim card (and micro sim card as well, but you'll need adaptor)
    speaking about loudness - you should be OK as there and there is a Hearing Aid Mode as mentioned earlier - but i have no idea where is this feature, honestly highly recommended! this is my first BB as well. Don't worry about battery, like I mentioned earlier 1.5 day peace of mind (in my case) and you can always buy additional/spare battery just in case

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-02-13 03:12 PM
    Hey guys. Just wanted to share my thoughts about 9900. I've been using this phone for about two months and i can honestly say it is by far the best and most comfortable phone i have ever laid my hands on.

i was thinking about upgrading to a q10 (if that device ever gets to Finland). But after reading so much negative posts and reviews i made a decicion to stick with my 9900. My main reasons are these: I can't believe they took all the good stuff away from the 10 series that made blackberry so easy and efficient to use. Home screen shortcuts, contact information, etc. And selecting text with a 9900 and older blackberry models are a breeze comparing to Q/Z10, thanks to trackpad.

Anyway, that's my thoughts and i could't be happier for my decicion. Blackberry 9900 to death!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-02-13 04:14 PM
    you can pick your currency
    can I use it for my bank? it;s AIB BANK (Ireland) aib.ie
    05-02-13 05:22 PM
    I'm currently still holding on to my bold 9900.. (This is my first and last bold model) I was fan of the curve line for years .. Love, love and love the bold.. I don't see any reason of giving it up, especially since I tried the Z10 and returned after 2 weeks.. Touch screen phones are not for me, having said that when my bold dies I'll upgrade to whatever BB10 physical keyboard is out at that time! Congrats on your purchase!

Sent from my iPad Mini 32GB using Tapatalk
    05-02-13 06:46 PM
    Hey guys. Just wanted to share my thoughts about 9900. I've been using this phone for about two months and i can honestly say it is by far the best and most comfortable phone i have ever laid my hands on.

i was thinking about upgrading to a q10 (if that device ever gets to Finland). But after reading so much negative posts and reviews i made a decicion to stick with my 9900. My main reasons are these: I can't believe they took all the good stuff away from the 10 series that made blackberry so easy and efficient to use. Home screen shortcuts, contact information, etc. And selecting text with a 9900 and older blackberry models are a breeze comparing to Q/Z10, thanks to trackpad.

Anyway, that's my thoughts and i could't be happier for my decicion. Blackberry 9900 to death!

The problem with Q/Z10 is not the hardware, but software. Once BB10 is fixed, they will be just as strong..
    05-02-13 07:26 PM
    COngratulation for new 9900!

*dunshine rock 9650 & pretend is 9900!
    05-02-13 09:23 PM
    Congrats!!

I really really want one of these!! I'm holding out for a refurb one, as they are more in my budget at the moment. So nice to hear you're enjoying the phone!! The only things I'm worried about are battery life and how loud it is during calls, as I need it loud as i'm hearing impaired. Also, does it take a normal SIM?

Thank you muchly if you answer my questions, much appreicated. I'm torn between 9990 and 9320, but think the 9990 will win if I can get a refurb one xx
    Get 2 batteries. Use speakerphone for volume ,works well
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-03-13 12:02 AM
    I'm currently still holding on to my bold 9900.. (This is my first and last bold model) I was fan of the curve line for years .. Love, love and love the bold.. I don't see any reason of giving it up, especially since I tried the Z10 and returned after 2 weeks.. Touch screen phones are not for me, having said that when my bold dies I'll upgrade to whatever BB10 physical keyboard is out at that time! Congrats on your purchase!

I was thinking about Q10 for last few weeks ;-) but....I couldn't wait and the second reason was price! so I've bought BB 9900, speaking about touch screens, it's quite interesting but I'm not using touch screen very often ;-) I would say more comfortable when typing especially to use trackpad ;-)

I can't be sure but...let's say now i can choose one from them (BB 9900 or Q10) and I'm sure I would go with BB 9900 for sure, just LOVE THIS PHONE, this is MASTERPIECE!
    Last edited by motiontwisterae; 05-03-13 at 09:19 AM. Reason: update
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-03-13 09:17 AM
    I was thinking about Q10 for last few weeks ;-) but....I couldn't wait and the second reason was price! so I've bought BB 9900, speaking about touch screens, it's quite interesting but I'm not using touch screen very often ;-) I would say more comfortable when typing especially to use trackpad ;-)

I can't be sure but...let's say now i can choose one from them (BB 9900 or Q10) and I'm sure I would go with BB 9900 for sure, just LOVE THIS PHONE, this is MASTERPIECE!
    Right I feel the same way! I've had the 9900 for over a year now and it's great! Never had any problems with it and with my iPad, it is just a great combination..

GlamGemini likes this.
    05-03-13 11:03 AM
    I too just bought a 9930 last week. I had a style 9670 for 2 1/2 years and have been waiting and waiting for Z10. Then Sprint said no Z10, only Q10. Now it may be until summer (or longer) until they release it. I decided to try the bold and I love it. This phone is awesome. I really wish I would have upgraded to it along time ago. I agree with the above poster, I also wasn't happy hearing of the functionalities that were lost with BB10. Keyboard shortcuts and BB Bridge to my Playbook for complete PIM and internet access are things I use daily.

Congrats on your purchase. I am very happy with mine also.

Edit: I just noticed my avatar is outdated now. Oops.
    Last edited by rbrooks86; 05-03-13 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Noticed avatar
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-03-13 12:40 PM
    I'm still thinking of upgrading from my 9330 to 9930. I can't afford the Z10. I think the Bold will be ok for now and certainly a major improvement to my curve. What is the most stable OS7 version?
    T500J
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-05-13 12:07 AM
    I've been using the 9900 since it came out and while the missus is in love with her Z10, I am patiently waiting for the Q10. While the 9900 is a very good phone, I believe, the Q10 has a lot more to offer. There are many reviews about it but this one comes to mind: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssions-802590/

Enjoy your 9900. And maybe when you are think you have become more adventurous, try to venture to Q10's way. You might also like it.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-05-13 01:53 PM
    Welcome to a great club.

Previously I had a 9700 and 9780 which I thought to be the best phoones I've ever owned. Then I got a 9900. Amazing. Recent OS updates have improved battery life loads. I find turning off the battery monitor application/option improves battery life a lot too.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-06-13 07:48 AM
    I love mine, but my cursor is a bit messed up and I've only had mine for 2 months
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-08-13 09:26 AM
    Welcome to a great club.

Previously I had a 9700 and 9780 which I thought to be the best phoones I've ever owned. Then I got a 9900. Amazing. Recent OS updates have improved battery life loads. I find turning off the battery monitor application/option improves battery life a lot too.
    My boyfriend has a 9780, it was originally meant to be mine, but I was having some problems with the volume on it during calls, but I wear hearing aids anyway, so he has it and he LOVES it. Also we have just switched back to Virgin UK and he says its so much better sound wise as well.
    05-08-13 09:34 AM
    My boyfriend has a 9780, it was originally meant to be mine, but I was having some problems with the volume on it during calls, but I wear hearing aids anyway, so he has it and he LOVES it. Also we have just switched back to Virgin UK and he says its so much better sound wise as well.
    So have you managed to find a 9900 yet ???
    05-08-13 09:37 AM
    Sorry to post on your thread, but I'm getting my Bold 9930 today (finally)

I wanted the Q10. I know I will buy it somewhere down the line.

Can't wait to have it in my hands.. I still have to wait like 10 hours hehe
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-08-13 11:07 AM
    welcome to the 9900 club
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-10-13 04:09 PM
    I just switched today also to the Bold 9900. I was previously using an iPhone 4S. I thought about holding out until the Q10 was available, but after doing some research I felt the 9900 suited me just fine. Also I prefer to have a trackpad. I'm more than happy with this device. The last BB I had was I believe n old Curve with a trackball that gave me tons of problems. Glad to be back in theBB family.
    jlarkins08 and GlamGemini like this.
    05-10-13 08:28 PM
    Congrats for your 9900, I have mine since a day... ...but... I can't take photos/videos because the camera (the hw I think) doesn't working... I read a lot, flashed FW-s, but nothing...
    GlamGemini likes this.
    05-19-13 01:52 AM
    So have you managed to find a 9900 yet ???
    Yes on a website called Telephones Online which someone posted on here for me, I've just emailed them about it, to see if I can return the phone if it's unsuitable because of my hearing aids. Waiting to hear back from them before I order!
    05-19-13 01:53 PM
    I'm sporting a 9900 for 3 months now, and I couldn't be happier.
    I highly recommend installing a hybrid OS (I have Berrylicious Ultimate), since it greatly improves battery life and overall performance.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    05-20-13 11:38 AM
    It's awesome, 'coz i've just got myself one 9900 too.
    Best thing ever.

But this morning happen a very weird stuff, where by 9900 suddenly have an incident that auto select and enter, scared the hell outa me.....
    But after that use the power button the phone seems cool down a lil bit... now the problems no more...... i'm freakin' lovin' it.....
    05-20-13 02:01 PM
    If you want a high-speed gaming and internet device, look elsewhere.

If you want a professional phone and communications device with a nice suite of tools to "keep you moving," then the 9900-series is for you.
    05-20-13 02:51 PM
61 123