Just got a free bold 9000. Trying to setup email.

When in setup wizard I click email setup.

The email setup screen only has one option: "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry enterprise server"

That option is selected by default, and cannot be unselected. The only thing I can do is click next or close.

It appears this phone is locked down to some kind of BES? Is there anyway to get it that I can use it with BIS? Something with BBSAK or wipe and reload, etc?

Please only respond if you know.

Thanks
    09-29-13 04:07 PM
    I don't think that's the case. All my phone have said that at least once. Finish the set up and resent service books via the website, it should do the trick.
    09-29-13 04:14 PM
    I don't think that's the case. All my phone have said that at least once. Finish the set up and resent service books via the website, it should do the trick.
    Thank you for the reply.

I cannot finish setup. Using work email account with BES server is only option in email setup and that is not working. Even if I click "next" (accepting that I will setup a BES email) it asks me if I have a BES activation password. If I say yes I have a BES activation password it wants the password. If I say no I do not have a BES activation password then it says contact your administrator in order to setup. I do not know who the administrator is or what company this phone was used with (and I have no way of knowing).

I know that this is not normal I used to have this phone. None of my legacy devices ever gave me only a BES option. This phone used to be on a BES policy, I want it off. How do I get it so that I am able to setup a regular email account? Is it possible, and if it is, can I do it without signing up for a BIS (as I do not have one anymore)?

Thanks so much
    09-29-13 04:54 PM
    So I tried this:

How to remove an obsolete IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone that was activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server «Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

It is supposed to remove an IT Policy (which I am not even sure that is my issue?)

The command prompts worked and did some wiping, etc (The classic White screens with progress bar). Few minutes later device was started up but still only has BES email setup option.

I have read on other sites that perhaps simply obtaining a BIS policy will over ride this issue and I will be able to setup regular email. Can any one confirm with certainty?

Thanks
    09-29-13 05:15 PM
    Well this was a waste of thread.

Turned out I only needed to call Rogers and got them to adjust APN settings. Now I can pop my Z10 SIM card in and use the 9000 email on wifi. Just pop the SIM back in my Z10 and everything is back to normal. Pretty cool!
    09-29-13 05:38 PM
    Well this was a waste of thread.

Turned out I only needed to call Rogers and got them to adjust APN settings. Now I can pop my Z10 SIM card in and use the 9000 email on wifi. Just pop the SIM back in my Z10 and everything is back to normal. Pretty cool!
    I told you it had nothing to do with IT policies and it was carrier related .

Glad it is working now.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:15 AM