Hey Everyone!

Just got a Bold 9900. I'm upgrading from a Bold 9000 so the new OS and features are fantastic but also a little new to me.

Is there any way to click on the icon that shows up below the time to open the messages that for the icon that it shows? For example when I get a BBM it shows the BBM icon and the # of messages but when I click on it or touch it, nothing comes up.

Also the convinience keys on the right side at the top don't seem to allow me to do anything except when in a call to raise or lower volume. Is there any other purpose for them?

I found the voice search but not sure how to get to the voice dial, any help?

Thanks in advance!
    12-20-11 01:28 PM
    I'm running OS 7.0.0 Bundle 1950. Not sure where to check the exact version. I don't have the same menus as the Bold 9000 :S

EDIT: Found it "Device Version DUH". (7.0.0.440)

Is there a feature to voice dial?
    Last edited by nickCR; 12-20-11 at 03:05 PM.
    12-20-11 03:00 PM
    Enjoy your BB!!
    Upgrade to .540 or .503 or the new released .590. but you might wanna wait on some feedbacks for the .590
    12-20-11 03:31 PM
    congrats on the new bold but the bold only has one convenience key which is the button on lower right side of the device which is set to default to the camera. the buutons youre pressing are the volume rocker and play/pause/mute button.
    12-20-11 04:05 PM
    Menu/Options set Launch by typing to "Applications Shortcuts" instead of Universal Search. This enables all the old BB shortcuts some of us cannot live withoiut. And a few new ones!
    M/Messages
    N/BBm
    W/Weather app if Beweather installed
    O/Options
    A/Contacts
    C/Compose
    S/Search
    D/Memo Pad
    P/BB Notepad if installed
    Q/press and hold to toggle between active profile and vibrate.
    L/Callendar
    U/Calculator
    There are others using V, alt+P, alt+M, alt+S, alt+I, alt+O within the Message folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-11 09:40 PM
    Great guys thanks so much for the replies!

I got version .540 installed on my phone and it's great. Very pleased with the results. I did not however remove the vendor.xml file and I did not run the AppLoader.exe rather I installed it and opened up Blackberry Desktop and it asked me if I wanted to install the new update so I said yes. The phone updated and everything is working. Was I just lucky that it didn't screw something up?

Huge thanks for all those shortcuts! Those are great. To bad there isn't one for voice dialing or if there is, how do I access it !!!

The icon at the top works when it's an sms but not for a bbm. When it's the bbm it does show/hide the upcoming events but it doesn't show the recent bbm messages that come in
    12-20-11 10:03 PM
    I set the convenience key to voice dialing.
    12-20-11 10:42 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone!

How does one go about doing OTA sync of contacts and calendar with your outlook or google?
    12-22-11 03:34 PM
    Voice dial has its own icon...I think in the factory settings, the icon is located within the applications - i.e. click on the applications icon and you'll find it in there. You can also activate voice dialing by pressing and holding the button on the supplied headphones. If you have music paused, pressing the headphones button quickly will start/stop the music. Pressing the top button on the side will raise volume, bottom button will lower volume, and middle button will pause music. If you're on the phone, pressing the holding the headphone button will hang up the phone, and pressing the button quickly will put you on mute.
    Probably more info than you wanted...but I figured I'd put it out there.
    12-22-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD