Does everyone recommend a screen protector and/or case? I generally like holsters but can do either.

Also what are the apps everyone recommends?

Do you recommend getting a Playbook as well? And if the playbook gets updated to BB10 will it still be able to bridge or sync with the 9930? Thanks!
    05-28-13 01:55 PM
    Congrats on the 9930! It's an amazing device. I had mine in the OEM holster that came with the device, but after a few months used it without a case! Didn't use any screen protectors either - no scratches on the screen either. Only downside is the scruff marks you get on the back door if you don't use a case, otherwise the device was fine. Took falls, bumps and hits without any significant damage - truly amazing device, well built. Never had any fears of it being destroyed from any falls even without a case.

Regarding the PB + 99xx combo that's perfection. Loved bridged functionality with OS7, it was the reason i bought the PB! With the prices for the PB being really low (although may be hard to find) I would recommend picking one up, good value for money.
    Bballbenb likes this.
    05-28-13 02:08 PM
    Screen Protector, I got a pack of 6 (why couldn't they just sell 1) on newegg for $5 IIRC..
    I got the leather pocket pouch, it is the best investment I ever made. I couldn't go with any other case or skin because I use the charging pod.
    You can also go for ebay/chinese charging pod, not the OEM one, the aftermarket pod is much better since it does not need precision placing the OEM pod requires and it is more stable.
    05-29-13 12:22 PM
    I had my 9930 wrapped in Ghost Armor and bought the upgraded OEM holster. Its the most comfortable way for me to carry the device. I miss the playbook and its bridging, though I'm not sure I'd invest in one now. I've used the Z10 for about 4 weeks and prefer the 9930. I will probably try the Q10 for at least 14 days starting next Friday, in order to see if I can move over to it. But that I'm not sure of being able to do, because the 9930 is very good device.
    06-01-13 12:22 AM
    Congratulations...the 99xx is an awesome line. I had advanced OS and LED, plants vs zombies, shazam, meterberry, beweather, worldclock, tune in radio, nobex, Pandora...and a ton of other apps. It's been a couple months so I don't remember them all. But there are lots of good options available. Enjoy your new device. I loved mine for the two years I used it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 12:32 AM