Just got my first 9900, figured I'd ask for advice as to what I can do to make it run at its best.

Current 0S is 7.1.0 bundle 2108 and it says my phone is up to date? Is there somewhere else to get further updates?
    Biggest thing I've noticved so far is the browser is attrocious, sometimes minutes to load pages and has a huge lag as I'm typing right now. Thoughts?
    (Turning 3g back on helped a bit lol. Still super laggy though, much worse then my 9780. The physical browser seems to lag when I type)

Anything else I should be doing?
    Last edited by friendlyfoe; 05-27-13 at 12:24 PM.
    05-27-13 12:01 PM
    Where are you, and who is your carrier?
    05-27-13 12:04 PM
    Guess it depends on where you are, when I had a 9900, browser was fine but battery life sucked, swapped out the phone to another 9900 with same battery problem, went thru 3 full batteries a day, now on Q10 and battery lasts more than a day

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    05-27-13 12:04 PM
    Where are you, and who is your carrier?
    Toronto canada. With rogers.

Check the edit on my first post. I forgot I had put it to 2g. 3g the browser is loading fine but there is a huge lag while I'm typing.

And rebroker you posted that in my other thread as well. I'm generally not on my phone all the time and when I am I have access to a charge so I'm not concerned.

Biggest questions are if I need any updates? And if there are any upgrades to the browser which kinda sucks.
    05-27-13 12:28 PM
    Recommend contacting Rogers to see if there is either an update they can push or if they can provide you a link to update the device yourself.

Did find this, after a quick Google search.
    05-27-13 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the link. I guess I do have the most up to date pack, nice to see the actual number of the OS though. The only thing I'm not happy with is typing the text doesn't keep up with my typing which is a bit annoying, and it only happens in the browser. I think it might be related to autosave, how do I turn that off?

The plastic just above the scroll pad is starting to pop up a bit already too. Won't be long before its time for a new one!
    05-27-13 01:52 PM
    Do you mean auto-search? If that's the case, don't know how to disable it, since I like the feature and find the slightly delayed typing not even a minor annoyance.

Recommend a forum search for turning off auto-search. Someone like you probably wanted it disabled and asked the question earlier.
    05-27-13 02:00 PM
    Do you mean auto-search? If that's the case, don't know how to disable it, since I like the feature and find the slightly delayed typing not even a minor annoyance.

Recommend a forum search for turning off auto-search. Someone like you probably wanted it disabled and asked the question earlier.
    By autosave I mean when I'm typing in this post box every few words a box pops up saying autosave, I'm thinking that might be what's slowing down the cursor response. Not sure what autosearch is
    05-27-13 03:08 PM
    Biggest questions are if I need any updates? And if there are any upgrades to the browser which kinda sucks.
    Opera mini [free] works well on the 9900
    05-27-13 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the link. I guess I do have the most up to date pack, nice to see the actual number of the OS though. The only thing I'm not happy with is typing the text doesn't keep up with my typing which is a bit annoying, and it only happens in the browser. I think it might be related to autosave, how do I turn that off?

The plastic just above the scroll pad is starting to pop up a bit already too. Won't be long before its time for a new one!
    If you are referring to the yellow 'Auto Saved' box that pops up in the lower right corner of the CB posting box, I don't think you can turn that off.
    05-27-13 03:29 PM
    Now that I'm getting more time to play on this phone, a couple slow days, and I'm really starting to hate this phone. My internet demands are pretty small, even the facebook app takes forever to load slowly. Its not even a good mp3 player, all sorts of very simple features like being able to switch to mono or sound equalization within tracks. I'm thinking I might take it back
    05-28-13 08:10 AM
    OP, have you tried to wipe the device and see if that fixes any of the lag issues?
    05-28-13 08:42 AM
    Now that I'm getting more time to play on this phone, a couple slow days, and I'm really starting to hate this phone. My internet demands are pretty small, even the facebook app takes forever to load slowly. Its not even a good mp3 player, all sorts of very simple features like being able to switch to mono or sound equalization within tracks. I'm thinking I might take it back
    For a lightening fast browser load up the latest BL Hybrid OS RC15. Way better performance than any stock OS out there.
    fryk likes this.
    05-28-13 09:59 AM