I just bought my first Blackberry, a Passport, I love it but I've been browsing this site and ended up wanting a Bold as well. I picked one up for $35 and it's awesome but I can't figure out how to set up my gmail. Do I just put in my email and password under 'enterprise activation?' It doesn't seem to be working unless I'm doing it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 04:48 PM
    Set it up under other,
    01-17-15 04:51 PM
    I don't see any other option anywhere

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 11:24 PM
    I had that problem a couple years ago and it was because I didn't have an actual BlackBerry data plan

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 02:23 AM
    I had that problem a couple years ago and it was because I didn't have an actual BlackBerry data plan
    I agree, this is probably the OP's situation. The older BlackBerries, like the Bold, require a BlackBerry data plan (a.k.a. BIS) to fully function when it comes to email (and BBM). You get it from your carrier, if they support it. With BIS, I can set up all kinds of email on my Bold no problem, including gmail. Without it, you can get email on your phone only as webmail, in the browser... :-(

So, I'd recommend checking with your carrier if they support BIS, or actually choosing the carrier that gives you the best deal on BIS. Or settle for webmail, of course.

BTW, enterprise activation is for BES, which is something different again. It's about connecting to your employer's enterprise server, if your employer has a BES plan. You probably don't need to bother with that for your purposes.

@thisisaydin: just to be sure.. If you don't see an option for gmail, and none for "other", I take it you don't get any options for setting up email at all. Is that true?
    Last edited by lenze; 01-18-15 at 09:01 AM.
    01-18-15 08:09 AM
    I guess that's true :-/ It doesn't matter now though because I accidentally broke the sim tray
    lenze likes this.
    01-19-15 12:26 PM
    Haha.... That escalated quickly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-20-15 11:23 AM