So I never get much spam in my inboxes, if ever, and suddenly 20 minutes ago I got literally 200 spam emails to my gmail account all at the same time. The strange thing was they didn't show up anywhere online, they were not in my Apple mail program, nor were they in the actual gmail website, so I have no idea where these are coming from. I had to delete the email off of the BIS site and start over.

anyone have any idea as to what can cause this?
    01-19-09 02:07 PM
    Haven't come across such a problem ever before. I'm curious to know what the problem was...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 05:05 PM
    I've had a similar problem at least twice with my hotmail. At least 100 undeliverable emails showed up at 12 midnight. They showed up online though.
    01-19-09 05:07 PM
    It's obviously a sign...
    01-19-09 05:45 PM
    yeah I've no idea what the heck was the cause of that but after deleting the account and re-adding it that seemed to solve the problem. It seems as if something got corrupted or something.
    01-19-09 05:56 PM
    i know this is an old thread, but this just happened to me, except that they weren't spam emails, they were emails i previously read. they aren't on there when i log into my comcast account. and they aren't all of the emails i've received either. i wasn't even around my phone when they showed up so i don't think it's something i did. also facebook sent me a lot of old requests & stuff too. any ideas?
    01-22-09 06:56 PM
    i did recently install google mobile...
    01-22-09 06:56 PM
    hmm. that is a curious thing. Similar to my issue yet slightly different. I presume it has something to do with your comcast account being a POP account.
    01-22-09 07:14 PM
    Ok I just had it happen again today. Anyone have a clue as to what the heck would cause me to get an enormous amount of spam messages all within a few seconds?
    01-25-09 10:14 PM
    i've had the similar problem with hotmail but not so much anymore
    01-25-09 10:22 PM
    I know I'm digging up my own old thread. But this just happened to me again on my new bold.

However this time it also included all of my messages that were sent from me. including about 20 copies of each one.
    08-14-09 03:04 PM
    Have you got ANY stored emails in gmail spam folder?? AFAIK there is no filtering over BIS so it may be a clue...
    08-14-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD