Sup all, while i was hoping for the new os software .586 to be available through OTA i didnt mind using the comp & dm as well. It was actually pretty easy just plug and play & follow directions sorta thing, and it only took less than 30mins. So far id say the new software is ok, it seems a bit faster & for most people i say the 3G is good but i guess it depends where your at.

Now for the few things that are annoying me haha... If there is a way or option to fix these please help.

1. There is no more Standby Mode (top right button/mute button)? People are saying the Lock button (top left) is also now the new standymode. So this a 2 in 1 sort of thing? Now what can i do with my top right button? id like to use it for something...

2. Ok this is really annoying me. Whats the point of having a password when it doesnt work when you Lock the phone?! like the above for example, i lock the phone & it directly goes to a black screen (standby mode?) and if i want to unlock it the following says: keypad is locked. press the lock button to unlock seriously annoying, now anyone can get into my phone. The weird thing is that if you lock it, black screen shows, then wait a few mins and the password feature is now working. Basically this password feature should be working right away once we lock it...

3. This is a litte bit annoying or maybe its just one of those things i gotta get used to if there isnt an option to fix it. But another thing i noticed is that when someone is calling my phone it now shows their number as well w/ the name. I liked it when it just showed the name, no need to show the number with it...

4. The app "my account" for t-mobile which lets you check your minutes, check your bill, update stuff, etc is no longer working? its been down even when i had the previous software .330 Whats up with that?! its a very usefull/helpfull app & hopefully it will start working again.
    Last edited by Ekilla; 05-19-10 at 08:40 PM.
    05-19-10 08:34 PM
    i've also noticed there aint a app on my phone for my email's, is yours the same way
    05-19-10 08:49 PM
    Sup all, while i was hoping for the new os software .586 to be available through OTA i didnt mind using the comp & dm as well. It was actually pretty easy just plug and play & follow directions sorta thing, and it only took less than 30mins. So far id say the new software is ok, it seems a bit faster & for most people i say the 3G is good but i guess it depends where your at.

Now for the few things that are annoying me haha... If there is a way or option to fix these please help.

1. There is no more Standby Mode (top right button/mute button)? People are saying the Lock button (top left) is also now the new standymode. So this a 2 in 1 sort of thing? Now what can i do with my top right button? id like to use it for something...

2. Ok this is really annoying me. Whats the point of having a password when it doesnt work when you Lock the phone?! like the above for example, i lock the phone & it directly goes to a black screen (standby mode?) and if i want to unlock it the following says: keypad is locked. press the lock button to unlock seriously annoying, now anyone can get into my phone. The weird thing is that if you lock it, black screen shows, then wait a few mins and the password feature is now working. Basically this password feature should be working right away once we lock it...
    The top right button, which is labeled and named MUTE, is used to MUTE the device.

Just read this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/ho...-500-a-451013/
    05-19-10 08:52 PM
    Load the iPhone Emulator(tm) to correct these issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 09:04 PM
    Also, is there a way to combine the SMS folder and the messages folder?
    05-19-10 09:18 PM
    i've also noticed there aint a app on my phone for my email's, is yours the same way

Is this the icon/app you are talking about? If it is, then yes i have it for my emails. Wonder why you dont see it, it should be there right? all BB's come with an personal email

05-19-10 09:29 PM
    dLo GSR: Thanks for the info that helps alot and re-assuring. So to solve my issue for basically #1&2 i just gotta hold (ALT + ENTER) then press the top left lock button to put it in standby. And yeah your right about the top right button, it still has the feature of mute haha

grreyes24: Im not sure about combining bpth folders, but the messages folder has everything from receiving or sending text, emails, mms, etc
    05-19-10 09:35 PM
    dLo GSR: Thanks for the info that helps alot and re-assuring. So to solve my issue for basically #1&2 i just gotta hold (ALT + ENTER) then press the top left lock button to put it in standby. And yeah your right about the top right button, it still has the feature of mute haha
    essentially, "lock" is now standby. if you want password, lock, set your password security timeout to 1 minute, and when you hit lock, after a minute the password will invoke.
    05-19-10 10:00 PM
    i like that idea, i may have to get used to it. thanks for the tip dLo
    05-19-10 10:23 PM
    #4 is now working, cool & as for #3 i still dont know wassup with that. But now i am noticing that my battery will drain really low to the point of two bars overnight. Why is that? I dont have any apps open at all, only thing i use is the stock alarm clock... Is this happening because of the upgrade? any info would help, thanks
    05-24-10 02:04 PM
    #4 is now working, cool & as for #3 i still dont know wassup with that. But now i am noticing that my battery will drain really low to the point of two bars overnight. Why is that? I dont have any apps open at all, only thing i use is the stock alarm clock... Is this happening because of the upgrade? any info would help, thanks

Posted: Today, 02:04 PM
    05-24-10 11:36 PM
    i did the recent upgrade also to .586, a couple issues that I have now are:

1. when i'm online i have to sign into my accounts like ebay, facebook, hotmail. before the upgrade it would keep me signed in even if i exit/close the page.

2. all the pictures that i take plus the older 1s from b4 the upgrade appear unfocused when looking at them. they only clear up if i 'zoom in' on the pics.

anyone else having these same issues?
    05-25-10 11:31 AM
    seems like everyone has different issues...
    05-25-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD