I have found one quirk with 7.1 I'm not too crazy about. With .374, when new messages, texts, notifications were received, I was able to tap on them from the home screen and go straight to them. Now, I can't. I have to go to the messages folder to read them. I know it's not a big deal but it does annoy me a little
    I can tap from the home screen and open messages. Haven't tried texts yet.
    01-13-12 01:40 PM
    I have found one quirk with 7.1 I'm not too crazy about. With .374, when new messages, texts, notifications were received, I was able to tap on them from the home screen and go straight to them. Now, I can't. I have to go to the messages folder to read them. I know it's not a big deal but it does annoy me a little
    I can go straight to the messages from the home screen.
    01-13-12 02:00 PM

I had that happen once; fixed with a reboot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-13-12 06:07 PM
    I had that happen once; fixed with a reboot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Battery pull fixed it!
    01-14-12 10:34 AM
    Before downloading and launching this update, do I need to back up my contacts, calendar or other data?
    01-15-12 07:42 AM
    Before downloading and launching this update, do I need to back up my contacts, calendar or other data?
    You should always backup before doing any update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 08:42 AM
    I've recently updated my Bold 9930 device to the new software and now the return/previous key will not work when I am in my mailbox. I have to hit the BB button and close each mail and folder that I am in. The return/previous key works in other apps but not in the messages/mailbox and its rather annoying and my device is blocked from downgrading. Am I missing something? I can't locate any settings that I can change. Any advice would be appreciated.
    01-23-12 02:24 PM
    I've recently updated my Bold 9930 device to the new software and now the return/previous key will not work when I am in my mailbox. I have to hit the BB button and close each mail and folder that I am in. The return/previous key works in other apps but not in the messages/mailbox and its rather annoying and my device is blocked from downgrading. Am I missing something? I can't locate any settings that I can change. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Sounds like you'll need to wipe and reload the OS...
    01-23-12 02:43 PM
    I noticed a couple of strange new items appeared after updating: 1) An "alarm +" symbol that appears while the charging clock display runs (alarm is off) and 2) an "Emergency Alert Messages" folder that looks like a mail folder with an exclamation point over it. Does everybody have these and what are they for?
    Isn't the emerg alert message for those national emerg messages that the govt is currently testing?? And, I haven't noticed the other symbol, but I haven't really paid attention to that screen shot of my phone either.....
    01-27-12 10:47 AM
    I was never arguing this point. I couldn't care less what any one else uses. I was correcting the info you posted. Grow up and get over it.
    O M G - I can't believe I've scrolled thru 3+ pages trying to get a feel for how this update is acting and have had to watch you two go back and forth over "official vs leaked" versions and who wants what.

I'm abandoning this thread - looks like all I'll be seeing is a cOckfight.
    dimm0k and ck2nb like this.
    01-27-12 01:48 PM
    O M G - I can't believe I've scrolled thru 3+ pages trying to get a feel for how this update is acting and have had to watch you two go back and forth over "official vs leaked" versions and who wants what.

I'm abandoning this thread - looks like all I'll be seeing is a cOckfight.
    Haha that pretty much sums up how I usually slowly turn away from the CB forums... until I get a new device. These days however it's becoming a little easier to just ignore threads.
    01-27-12 02:09 PM
    My 9930 was frequently freezing for (typically) around 70 seconds when I took it out of my holster. Crackberry threads suggested upgrading the OS, which I did wirelessly a few days ago (it took 15 hours to complete!) Now, my Gmail account runs inoperably slowly (it takes at least 15 seconds to get any command to register) and all my Google Calendar entries have been erased. I can still access an Exchange account, but I recently switched jobs and my new employer only supports GMail and Google Calendar. Google stopped supporting their Calendar for Blackberry a few months ago, but I was able to use it because I had loaded it before the cutoff. Now with the upgraded OS, I can't get it back.

I don't expect that many others will have these same problems, but if anyone does the upgrade and has similar issues using Google Apps, I'd like to hear about them. After countless issues like this for the past year, I'm planning to switch to an IPhone (I've been a Blackberry user since 2003).
    02-05-12 10:57 PM
    want to download os 7.1 for 9900
    04-16-16 06:30 AM
    want to download os 7.1 for 9900
    Check the property section in 9900 treads about "how to install new OS"
    04-16-16 07:35 AM
189 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD