Mine's been off the charger for about 1/2 hour, still showing 99+% battery.
    Having just said that, a couple of minutes later the meter dropped to 92%! Oh well....
    01-10-12 12:11 PM
    OTA update started this am around 7, by 9 it was installing, Java took another hour or so, at 12:30 it finally rebooted and registered with Verizon. About half of the functionality is gone, the icons have shrunk to 25% original size (something is funky with the resolution- when on the "All" tab the tabs to either side are partially visible.

going to try and reinstall 7.0
    01-10-12 12:14 PM
    Did the OTA first thing this morning and now it dies halfway through the reboot. Never had a problem with upgrades or any other issues with it before. Off to find a way to wipe it and start over.
    OTAs suck

10char
    01-10-12 12:24 PM
    OTA started this morning at 6:30AM, as of 10:30AM it's in the state of "Please wait while your device prepares fto update. When preparation completes, your device will restart". This is after it did a full backup, downloaded the update, etc.

Anyone else stuck here? I'm about ready to pull the battery and hope.
    01-10-12 12:28 PM
    Did the OTA, no WiFi it took just under 3 hours, but so far so good.. Will update later.
    01-10-12 12:34 PM
    I can't do it on a PC...I'm at work....OTA is taking FOREVER to download and it's gobbling up battery....
    It took me about 2 hours total via Wi-Fi - the download was pretty fast but the installation of Java modules was the killer. I didn't have any issues with the battery percentage dropping like a rock (as some have reported) and I am happy to say that I am still holding at 100% an hour after the update. No battery pull - only the final reboot the device does after the installation.
    01-10-12 12:35 PM
    OTA started this morning at 6:30AM, as of 10:30AM it's in the state of "Please wait while your device prepares fto update. When preparation completes, your device will restart". This is after it did a full backup, downloaded the update, etc.

Let it run it's course. It will complete but I sure wouldn't pull the battery.
    01-10-12 12:36 PM
    OTAs suck

10char
    Use Wi-Fi......
    01-10-12 12:38 PM
    ok....i did the whole thing OTA.
    started to download at 5am (finished at 6.)
    installed at 7am. the whole process was finished at 9.30 (while i was driving).
    so far so good. gain memory, but not that much.
    been rocking the phone and battery seems to be normal dischage.

only thing is, seems to be sluggish in the beginning...did batt pulls, 3x.
    01-10-12 12:40 PM
    only thing is, seems to be sluggish in the beginning...did batt pulls, 3x.
    Same feedback here. Very sluggish initially, but things have smoothed out.
    drnknlsr likes this.
    01-10-12 12:44 PM
    Same feedback here. Very sluggish initially, but things have smoothed out.
    +1 for this as well. When I was deleting the downgrade information it locked up, and had to plug into BBSAK to get it to fully restart. After that I've had no issues.
    01-10-12 12:50 PM
    what's the best computer program to save third party apps? When I reload with BBSAK, it shows all programs as made by "BBSAK", which doesn't work for me.
    01-10-12 12:53 PM
    Where can I download the newest update on a PC? I really don't want to do the OTA...
    Usually the easiest way to do this is to ensure you have the latest version of DM...then connect your BB to your pc, launch DM and it should do a search for an OS update. It will prompt you when it finds it and just follow the instructions.

Another way is to check verizon's website for blackberry software:

BlackBerry� Software Updates

PS: I just checked with both methods and didn't see any updates yet.
    g-mizzo likes this.
    01-10-12 01:02 PM
    ugh...so all my apps I have to re-run it again...........

EDIT: now shazam is not running?????
    Last edited by manny745i; 01-10-12 at 01:11 PM.
    01-10-12 01:08 PM

45 minutes later, still in the same state. Radio is OFF. It's cold to the touch so there isn't all that much CPU activity either, apparently. Anyone else see this long delay?
    01-10-12 01:18 PM
    45 minutes later, still in the same state. Radio is OFF. It's cold to the touch so there isn't all that much CPU activity either, apparently. Anyone else see this long delay?

Same thing for me. I would not do a pull.

I actually went to bed at 2:30 this morning while waiting. Woke up...all done! Not sure how long it took.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mbanole03; 01-10-12 at 01:27 PM.
    01-10-12 01:25 PM
    Browser definitely running slower . Still getting some freezing but the bluetooth issue I was having seems to have gone. also desktop not recognizing native installed applications only tird party???
    Last edited by Earl_3; 01-10-12 at 01:48 PM.
    01-10-12 01:40 PM
    Hooked up to DM, says no update :/ DM 7.0.
    01-10-12 02:15 PM
    Isn't this the same as the Sprint 7.1 that leaked a while back? Why are people choosing to go the OTA route when you can just delete the vendor file from the sprint one and load it thru Loader or DM?
    01-10-12 02:53 PM
    I finally did a battery pull. It's now upgrading/patching. I'm at the java step, only 5% in. Sigh.
    01-10-12 03:24 PM
    I finally did a battery pull. It's now upgrading/patching. I'm at the java step, only 5% in. Sigh.
    That's a long step to get through.
    01-10-12 03:43 PM
    This build is really bad, like sprints 7.1 bad. Battery life is really bad.
    Discharge rate is between 8 and 15% per hour. Just like it was on sprints. I tried sprints twice with the same results.

On .374 I was getting between 3 and 5% discharge rate per hour.

I feel sorry for sprint and verizon stores as thousands of 9930 owners bring their phones in after this ota has reduced battery life. Not everyone loads Os's from a computer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 03:47 PM
    That's a long step to get through.
    Got through it finally, now I'm at 99% of "Restoring your Data", and it seems stuck again.

Another big sigh.
    01-10-12 05:00 PM
    The version of BlackBerry Maps in this update is excellent. When you make a turn, it automatically displays the next turn and distance to it. It also reroutes when you go off course. It's more like a 2D navigation app now.
    01-10-12 05:08 PM
    This was such a long process, but I finally have been updated. I thought my phone was toast at like 5 times.
    jck50 likes this.
    01-10-12 05:28 PM
189 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD