The hardest question is, what do I migrate to when CB gave the Torch a 7.5?

LOL, 7.5 is fail.

I was with TMO for 11 years. I cut the cord and got my 9930 today from Verizon which has been a pleasant experience. Good communication, good # port, no issues really.

I loaded up the latest .340 leak today and am so sad to see massive battery leakage. Left work with 100% at 5PM.

Got home from the dog park at 7:30 with 30%.

For Christ sake I barely even did anything, browsed, took some video, took some pics, thats it.

I know, wait for another leak right? Nah thanks.

I'm done with the Blackberry leak games guys, what a stupid way to maintain a product with these shot in the dark leaks. Idiocy.

My biggest issue is the ridiculous touchscreen. Why no option to turn this off? I cannot understand for the life of me how more people aren't complaining about this thing just being too uber sensitive.

Every damn time I look down at my phone its jumped a screen. Imagine if it calls an ex or sends an email I didn't mean to send? I saw the other thread of someone asking how to turn it off, what a PITA folks.

I put the phone on my pocket and I go to grab it and its on app world downloading paid apps!

I hold the phone in my hand as I'm walking and it jumps to my calendar creating an entry with garbage. It did this EVERY time I either held it or popped it in my pocket. How can one live with this? Seriously?

What a PITA.

So I turn the back screen setting to 10 secs to see if that alleviates hitting the touchsceen and opening and doing operations. Not much better. Same crap.

Give me the 9930 with no touchscreen.

All of you will cite my 9700 epic fail thread. I still stand by it. While a great phone for simple stuff (I miss it), I couldn't even browse the web without it crashing every 30 seconds. 6.0 didn't deliver anything but barely any breathing RAM, so we all waited for the 99xx and we get a dud from the looks of it.

I'm tired of people not being honest with themselves and RIM.

Stop calling this phone great just to appease your heart. I wanted to love it too, I truly did but this thing is nightmare with the touchscreen madness.

Playbook was a fail, and now this thing is just not what I was hoping for.

And the Torch gets a 7.5?

Wow. Just. Wow.

I just don't know what to get next. I wanted to love this damn phone. I cannot the way it is with this touchscreen taking it over.

I opened 6 simple text based sites earlier and got a message saying "I'm crashing, would you like me to open up these URLs again after I crash?"

Wow, ridiculous.

Now, all of a sudden my Browser icon is gone. I have no idea where it is. Maybe I hid it with the touchscreen by mistake, checked that, nope, gone.

What a joke.

Open up the music app, walking dog, oops my finger hit the touchscreen and the song changes.

Oops put the phone in my pocket and Journey turns into Rush. Oops, now it pauses, Oops I just forwarded an email I didn't mean to due to this dumb touchscreen I can't shutoff.

The keyboard is amazing though, such a shame.

Ugh.

Where to go from here...wait for something else I guess...

No need to troll me, offer me suggestions.

08-17-11 07:38 PM
    I'm not sure what is wrong with your phone but i've had .340 loaded and don't have the battery drain you have. Also put a pw lock on your phone and set the convenience key to it so when you pocket it, you don't hit the screen. I do agree that they should allow you to turn the touch screen off though
    08-17-11 07:45 PM
    get a 9900?
    08-17-11 07:47 PM
    hold on...let me get this straight...you're installing an OS that hasn't been officially released to the public and you're blaming RIM instead of yourself?
    08-17-11 07:50 PM
    My biggest issue is the ridiculous touchscreen. Why no option to turn this off?
    Ummmm, what part of Bold Touch confused you????
    Sharma15 and shankeith like this.
    08-17-11 07:56 PM
    You should have waited for the iphone 5, I think a lot of people are getting rid of there bb until they get there **** together. Come on man how can you release a phone in 2011 without auto focus and you have people on here that are blind fan boys that say "we dont buy a cell phone for its camera we have separate cameras". You also don't buy a phone in 2011 that doesn't have auto focus. And the panels are messing up and they don't have NFC on the 9930? But like you said if you need a keyboard this is a good phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 07:57 PM
    if you lock the phone using the button on the top it shouldn't be pushing buttons or screens in your pocket
    08-17-11 08:03 PM
    Firstly, 7.5 is only a fail if you go by idiotic videogame reviewer logic where the **** games still score 8 and the good ones get 9.something.

As far as your issues, the simple option is to stick with official releases for your carrier or at least an official release for a carrier, these random leaks will be incremental releases leading up to a public release so who knows what changes might make it in and then need to be removed prior to the final build because they cause a regression in the software.
    08-17-11 08:03 PM
    What about the Torch 9810? The 9860 is a 7.5/10, the 9810 was given a 8/10.

The Torch does have a larger battery than the Bold and it's larger screen is not enough to really drain the battery. Plus, I've never had an issue of using the screen accidentally.

Also, for it being in your pocket, invest in a holster or use lock screen?
    08-17-11 08:05 PM
    You should have waited for the iphone 5, I think a lot of people are getting rid of there bb until they get there **** together. Come on man how can you release a phone in 2011 without auto focus and you have people on here that are blind fan boys that say "we dont buy a cell phone for its camera we have separate cameras". You also don't buy a phone in 2011 that doesn't have auto focus. And the panels are messing up and they don't have NFC on the 9930? But like you said if you need a keyboard this is a good phone.
    Really, haven't we had more than enough camera whining by now?

There is nfc in the 9930 as seen by the sprint software, it isn't Rim's fault if Verizon pull their usual trick of randomly deciding to lock something down until they are ready to release or enable it.
    08-17-11 08:06 PM
    Why don't you just lock the phone before you put it into your pocket?
    MissJennell#IM likes this.
    08-17-11 08:06 PM
    Leaks come from RIM not Lady Gaga. I'm not buying the its your fault stuff.

Thanks for the massive battery leak with NO APPS installed.

As far as locking the phone, that is insanity.

I've been used to being able to hold my 8100, 8900, 9700 in my HAND while walking my dog without having to worry about icons opening here there and everywhere, Jesus what a PITA.

I don't want to lock my phone every time I put it in my pocket. This was never required of me for 5 years.

Why now?

Its ridiculous, sorry.

I want to love this phone.

I cannot the way it is. Give us the option to turn this insanely in the way touchscreen off.
    08-17-11 08:11 PM
    There's already a billion threads on the torch lock issue + suggestions to easily fix it in the Torch forum...

Since this thread basically doesn't need to be here at all.
    08-17-11 08:11 PM
    Wow, not sure what to say about all that. I have none of those issues
    08-17-11 08:14 PM

I've been used to being able to hold my 8100, 8900, 9700 in my HAND while walking my dog without having to worry about icons opening here there and everywhere, Jesus what a PITA.

I don't want to lock my phone every time I put it in my pocket. This was never required of me for 5 years.

Why now?

Its ridiculous, sorry.

I cannot the way it is. Give us the option to turn this insanely in the way touchscreen off.
    Then why did you get a touchscreen? I dont understand that part. You went in behind the eight ball
    Sharma15 likes this.
    08-17-11 08:15 PM
    Locking the screen on a touchscreen device is ridiculous? Expecting any different is the ridiculous part.
    Last edited by kjjb0204; 08-17-11 at 08:21 PM.
    08-17-11 08:16 PM
    Really, haven't we had more than enough camera whining by now?

There is nfc in the 9930 as seen by the sprint software, it isn't Rim's fault if Verizon pull their usual trick of randomly deciding to lock something down until they are ready to release or enable it.
    Its not whining if its the truth. Name another major smart phone company that doesn't have autofocus on there flagship device, don't worry ill give you time... And the sprint 9930 isn't even out yet dude what are you talking about. The verizon one doesn't have it unless you download a leak os or some bs like that

08-17-11 08:17 PM
    The .340 leak fixed my bat drain issue, not trying to state the obvious, but are any apps in the back running, twitter fb? I've lost 10% on 6-7 hours. If that's not the case, I'd say 2 things, 1. Have ur battery replaced or 2. Rofl

08-17-11 08:18 PM
    you could try stacking a whole bunch of screen protectors on until the screen no longer registers your touch

08-17-11 08:19 PM
    Wow.

First off
    Going from 100% to 30% in 2 1/2 hours is not normal. Something is wrong with your particular phone.

If you're done with the leak game, then go back to the frikkin official OS.

I think the reason people aren't complaining about the touchscreen is because people probably knew there was a frikkin touchscreen before buying it.

Lock your phone if you don't want to accidentally do something. From your examples it sounds like its a user problem, someone who's not used to a touchscreen perhaps?

Stop calling the phone bad because you're having trouble with your fumbly fingers ffs.
    08-17-11 08:19 PM
    There's no way to lock the device before pocketing? Huh? Why would the screen just start turning itself on in your pocket?

There's definitely a way to lock the device before pocketing. And if its in your pocket there's no way the touchscreen should register anything unless your fingers are on it for some reason.
    08-17-11 08:21 PM
    There's definitely a way to lock the device before pocketing. And if its in your pocket there's no way the touchscreen should register anything unless your fingers are on it for some reason.
    A point that seems to be escaping the op.

08-17-11 08:23 PM
    Leaks come from leakers with OSes that may or may not even pass carrier testing. That's why every leak comes with a warning.

Locking a phone is insanity? Again you're just showing that you don't understand the usage of a touchscreen phone.

The problem is you quite plainly.

Why now?

Its ridiculous, sorry.

MissJennell#IM and ignites like this.
    08-17-11 08:25 PM
    I can't count how many times buttons got pushed with my 9650 in my pocket if I didn't lock it prior to doing so...

Touchscreen has zero to do with it....
    08-17-11 08:26 PM
    Leaks come from leakers with OSes that may or may not even pass carrier testing. That's why every leak comes with a warning.
    Passing carrier testing...lmao....as if that amounts to anything.
    08-17-11 08:30 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD