Bought one of ebay. Posting said it was new but I haven't received it yet and so I do not know what os version is installed. I want to get the hotspot working on it without having to purchase the additional tether plan and so I am looking for a current hotpot cod file/download for it.

All the links from the old post does not seem to work anymore so I am asking if anyone still have the file for it.

What is the latest and greatest os ver for this phone and yet still have wifi hotpot working on u.s t-mobile.

If I get the old cod file, will it still work with the newest os version

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 01:08 PM
    Bought one of ebay. Posting said it was new but I haven't received it yet and so I do not know what os version is installed. I want to get the hotspot working on it without having to purchase the additional tether plan and so I am looking for a current hotpot cod file/download for it.

All the links from the old post does not seem to work anymore so I am asking if anyone still have the file for it.

What is the latest and greatest os ver for this phone and yet still have wifi hotpot working on u.s t-mobile.

If I get the old cod file, will it still work with the newest os version

Posted via CB10
    The latest version (certified) must be the OS 7.1 (v7.1.0.714) or similar... Go into the menu options- Device- software updates and search for upgrades- the latest available version will shown and ready to download...
    09-04-13 01:41 PM
    Bought one of ebay. I want to get the hotspot working on it without having to purchase the additional tether plan and so I am looking for a current hotpot cod file/download for it.
    The only plan available is the "Simple Choice" plan, which includes 500MB of high-speed hotspot data. I'm not sure that you'll be circumventing this, since data is data, regardless of how it's used.
    09-04-13 02:02 PM
    9900 on TMO is awesome. You'll love it.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    09-04-13 06:13 PM
    Finaly received my t-mobile 9900, my first impression is that it feels kind of cheap... even tho I bought got it for a decent price.

not knocking the phone as I am comparing it to the Q10 which is heavier and thus gives it a solid feel. Now just go to play with it more and set it up for my dad.

I bought it for my dad as he is not savy on smart phones and because it has a physical send and end button, it will make it easier for him to use. Also the physical keyboard I hink will make it better for him to learn how to text. My dad is 75 years young.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:41 PM
    I was never a fan of the back cover of the 9900, but the rest of the device was solid, IMO. The Q10 does have a better, more solid look and feel to it though. I usually always have a case on my phone, so I'm not too picky about that sort of thing. I think the 9900 was a good choice for your Dad.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    09-14-13 12:41 AM