Hi peepz!

I know it is impossible to determine the chances of reviving any one particular BB from being dead, but my question to you is this:

I bought a BB Bold 9000 from eBay just now, for 35. It says NO signs of physical damage whatsoever, but I bought it as 'dead', and am under no illusions that it is 100% going to work; I'm not that naive. However, my real question is this:

What are the recovery statistics for 'dead' or unresponsive BlackBerrys? Is this 'dead' (no light) situation very common? (it seems to be, from Google results). I just wonder what I should try first when I get it, but I *don't* expect anyone to have a magic wand to wave for me, nor do I own one ;-) haha!

Thanks in advance, I think it was worth the punt for a mere 35.
    08-30-11 08:11 PM
    Go over the Nuked Blackberry thread in the How-Tos section.

Also,my Bold seemingly went "dead" once. The phone shutdown and could not be restarted. Turned out I had to leave the battery out of the phone for AT MINIMUM 24 hours to completely drain the onboard phone's capacitor. May be worth trying that before ya go any further!
    glossywhite likes this.
    08-31-11 07:01 AM
    Go over the Nuked Blackberry thread in the How-Tos section.

Also,my Bold seemingly went "dead" once. The phone shutdown and could not be restarted. Turned out I had to leave the battery out of the phone for AT MINIMUM 24 hours to completely drain the onboard phone's capacitor. May be worth trying that before ya go any further!
    Thank you for the advice. Wonderful things, hyperlinks - do you have one?
    08-31-11 07:16 AM
    08-31-11 08:15 AM
    I would definitely try to charge the phone for several hours. Mine was not bought as dead, but it would show no signs of life, until I was charging it for a couple of hours. Now it works fine (except that I can't solve a problem with my contacts).
    glossywhite likes this.
    09-01-11 09:49 AM
    Hi peepz!

I know it is impossible to determine the chances of reviving any one particular BB from being dead, but my question to you is this:

I bought a BB Bold 9000 from eBay just now, for 35. It says NO signs of physical damage whatsoever, but I bought it as 'dead', and am under no illusions that it is 100% going to work; I'm not that naive. However, my real question is this:

What are the recovery statistics for 'dead' or unresponsive BlackBerrys? Is this 'dead' (no light) situation very common? (it seems to be, from Google results). I just wonder what I should try first when I get it, but I *don't* expect anyone to have a magic wand to wave for me, nor do I own one ;-) haha!

Thanks in advance, I think it was worth the punt for a mere 35.

Easyy just open the back and remove everything till you see the inside of you BB, peel of the sticker, then on the right of your simcard you'll see a round battery shaped thing with a recktangle on it, just lift the recktangle up very gentle caus you need to put is back on (it's have to make contact with the round thingy, if it doesnt stay on his place just hold the recktangle down and put some glue over it) then you BB will turn on again, it worked for me, i read it on a crackberry forum, that guy is a genius!! (sorry for my english)
    09-06-11 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD